Random bleach stains appeared after cleaning

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Did this job 10 to 12 swears by a competitor whom I sold Thayer first truckmount back on 93

We pre sprayed with prekleen then rinsed with pro powder.

No visible problem did some subsurface in another room were the dog pissed it was lighter from the urine already.

Left fans in room finished packed still no appearance of stains.

Get call at 400 says its bleached.

Here's what I go and see

u3eze7ug.jpg

amumebyh.jpg
ajune4uj.jpg
9y5a6u3y.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya that's what I told her after I gave her my insurance info.

She's like shouldn't some things be tested in a inconspicuous. I said we pre sprayed everywhere and rinsed with same stuff and the spots didn't appear for at least a half hour how do you test for that??

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
How old is the carpet? Usually after 10 years carpet has no replacement value. We have a disclamer agaist pre-existing conditions like this.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Remember if the spots can be bleached. They also can be spot dyed.. if you want to take responsibility . That is the route i would recommend

SamIam

Name
sam miller
In 30 years I've never used my insurance, I don't have time to mess with one bedroom.

the living room is fine, there's at least 30 tiny spots.

All around bed and walkin closet

These spots weren't there a half hour after we cleaned room the bleached after we left.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bummer!
Unfortunately, we've all been there. It is clearly spills and drips of some chemicals that they used, and what's not. If it ever came to court you'll clearly win.
Though, you probably don't want to get there.

That's why cleaning a carpet is kind of like walking into a mine field. You never know what's underneath. Thankfully, these don't happen that frequently.

If client does not understand or admits responsibility (some time they don't even realize that it's them) what are you gonna do?

Crayons may come handy or the kit CTI is selling. Just don't come back to re- clean, cause so would the stains :winky:
Re dying is an option though time consuming and the client may not deserve this time investment.

Keep us informed.

Or better yet- Send Jimmy :eekk:.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
In 30 years I've never used my insurance, I don't have time to mess with one bedroom.

the living room is fine, there's at least 30 tiny spots.

All around bed and walkin closet

These spots weren't there a half hour after we cleaned room the bleached after we left.

Based on location. Even more reason to suspect benzoyl peroxode ointment. I have seen it many times just between the bed and the bathroom. They often apply it on feet while sitting on the bed.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thank goodness I have never encountered that except in a bathroom. Easy to explain in a bathroom. Go 6 feet out into the bed room and they somehow think it's your fault.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Pesticides will do it too.

Sorry to hear of it Sam.

Back when the RIA was ASCR they had a little hand out that explained in detail what causes it and that it was from a preexisting condition. We never had much success with it though, the homeowner despite reading it still said it wasn't like this before and after you cleaned it's damaged. :icon_neutral:

Reactions: truckmount girl

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya especially when it's only in walking areas in the bedroom right next to the bed and walkin closet that's why I'm thinking its something they used on their feet.

But a dripping pesticide bottle is a possibility too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've see foot prints coming from the bath to the bed prior to us cleaning (fortunately). It was due to fade cremes that were used on their feet and activated by the moisture from their shower over time. Just lucky it was prior and not post. :icon_neutral:

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
It looks like in a couple of pictures the spots are in a corner and also around furniture legs. I think they are some type of pet stains. Teenagers don't lay in corners or put their faces next to furniture legs but thats where dogs pee. A door frame or furniture leg is a tree to a dog.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
You can also hire an IICRC inspector to help determine the cause and give you a written report. It'll cost, but it might help. Or not. I would redye it or call Langenwalter as I think they operate in your area.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I cant see dog pee doing something like this well after I left it bleached it took time.

there was no spot at all before cleaning.

I know urine can discolor carpet but those are end tables right next to the bed, there

was one that was a straight line which was odd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HD
qasy4ery.jpg

y4ujaza5.jpg

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Most definitely the BP issues as stated. Athlete's foot creme will do this as well.

Who's rooms is it? In the traffic area is a big giveaway. Innocently ask homeowner about any foot cremes. Also teenagers like to sit on the floor at the foot of beds and chairs to apply acne medicine to their face then wipe their finger/hand on the floor and apply again.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I would tell them there is absolutely nothing we carry will do this. It has to be something they did. Case closed.

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
I agree with Kevin. I would have never given her my insurance info. My cleaning agents do not contain bleach and cannot cause bleach spots on a carpet. I followed professional standards. Some pre-existing condition caused those bleach spots. End of story.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I agree with Kevin. I would have never given her my insurance info. My cleaning agents do not contain bleach and cannot cause bleach spots on a carpet. I followed professional standards. Some pre-existing condition caused those bleach spots. End of story.

I have used also have told my clients on a few occasions that we use professional grade products and that it would be impossible for our products to do this or that. Never had a problem with this approach.
Sometimes a little detective work will explain everything.( Example) Such as if it was the chems then why is it so sporatic and not everywhere or in the other rooms.

Or maybe they just wanted a new rug and set you up.:biggrin:

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Put the ball in their court.

1) Offer the services of a certified inspector.
A) If it is determined to be your fault, you pay to fix, you pay inspector fees
B) If it is determined that it was not your fault, they pay the inspector fees, they have option to pay for the fix.

2) They refuse and try to sue, you have a slam dunk win. What judge would give them a judgment when they refused your offer to place a certified inspector in that would have determined the cause.

Write up an agreement, have them sign off on it. When they see that you are willing to incur costs for testing, however it may be something pre-existing - 99.9 times out of you never hear form them again.

Name
Don
Because of the discoloration (best guess mind you) people are using colored Windex to treat stains right before you get there. Old urine will do the same thing. Peroxide even then kind you use to rinse your mouth with heat will turn white. Ammonia is usually the perpetrator. They get it out of some stupid book for home remedies. I always show the customer immediately and make them sign a waiver.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Texted it to her response I still haven't got your insurance yet lol $ 250 deductible. And I'm done with her

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Texted it to her response I still haven't got your insurance yet lol $ 250 deductible. And I'm done with her

I had his same issue on a set of stairs of less than year old carpet. Husband was buddies with a Shaw rep who got him a deal on some high end carpet. With used athletes foot creme.

You see the footprints on the stairs and few spots upstairs. Husband said he was going to have his buddy get an inspector to prove that I somehow caused it. I said great, call me when he schedules a time and would love to join the party. Never heard back...........

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom