Rattle in 2004 Aerotec V

hogjowl

Idiot™
It is driving me nuts! It sounds like it is coming from right behind my back while in the drives seat. Usually only happens when the transmission is in drive and my foot is on the brake, but sometimes happens even while moving down the road. I've checked under the seat, but it seems to be coming from the latching mechanism under the cab. I have tried popping the cab up and putting small patches of cloth on the latches, but that hasn't helped.

Surely SOMEONE else who has an older model V has had the same problem. Anyone?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the whole damn truck rattles...If and when you get lucky enough to find this one and quite it down.....you will just notice 5 more........turn your radio louder......

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Isuzu's do that too.

It sounds like metal from the backside of the seat hitting the cab, but there is nothing there. ???

I gave up looking for the cause, but if I do find out what it is Marty,.................................you can count one me not telling you! :p

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
marty check to see if you have the the rubber mounts on the sides of the both of the cab latches( latches are the two upside down hook things that secure the cab). you shound have two rubber peices, one on each side of each of the latches.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you pull the radio there is a fuse on the back of it....Jon shorted out some things on the truck and it took out the radio and I replaced it before I drove it back from MN....

You probably got something loose under the seat......

or the loose nut sitting on the seat...one or the other

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
please tell me that you do realize that the arm has to be pushed all the way in to LOCK the cab down......

I can just see you driving around with the cab bouncing because all that it holding it from tipping forward is the safety catch.......... :shock:

G

This will take more than a screwdriver to repair, so you are SOL....

I'd suggest you buy some earplugs.....and I'm betting a cheap **** like you will save a few pennies and buy used ones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom