re: larger diamater wands.

L

lrrywbstr

I was replying to a post on larger tube wands ie: 1/12 or larger. I had been running a 1/12 and a colleague got a Greenhorn 2" with 4 jets. I could see a great improvement in cleaning effective ness & speed. Yeah I wanted one. My first one was a Bentley from Optimum Floorcare. 2" swivel head + glide. What a beast heavy and built for a much smaller person, a real back breaker to use. Mytee seems to build a lot of stuff designed for short people, words from my colleague who tried several items from them. Anyway I was cleaning a multiroom and the client asked if I could do some area rugs. I tried the Bentley on one then used my old wand for the other. I was perplexed! The 1/12 wand left the rug drier to the touch. Of course the Bentley was a 14" head my old wand had a 12".
The moment was lost. My colleague Gary made a sojourn to Fremont, Ca. to get a new TM, I went along for the adventure, and I wanted to check out Jeffs toy store. Cleaning supplies, new tools & what have you.
Returning I purchased Garys old TM spent a week installing it. And got busy cleaning. I still wanted a 2" wand and the Bentley wasn't it. Then I found an old Bates big red. I traded the Bentley in, lost a few hundred on that deal. But it allowed me to stand upright for cleaning, soft touch trigger, I was elated. The wand locked down on the carpet and it took considerable effort to move it. But the carpet actually wasn't dryer than using my old wand. Well the next step a glide, easier to wand and leaving my jobs considerably dryer.
Green glides helped with that purchase, and I chose a hybrid with holes & slots. I should have gotten all holes it increases the tip velocity = shorter dry times. The same dilemma my 1/12 wand leaves carpet slightly dryer, maybe I'm asking too much of a 33 blower to run a 14" head. Remember I did the test with that Bentley I did a little makeshift engineering & blocked the holes leaving only slots. Tip velocity was noticeably greater and I cleaned an office with it leaving the carpet practically dry. Of course the vacuum spacing is too far apart so i had to rewand quite a few times, so what did I accomplish? I know the Greenhorn with a 12" head went with this machine & worked extremely well. lrrywbstr owner/operator Larrys Rug Works San Diego.Ca. P.S. I joined Mikeys Board a couple years ago, just couldn't remember my login info.

Name
Nate W.
lrrywbstr said:
Mytee seems to build a lot of stuff designed for short people, words from my colleague who tried several items from them.

If you seen John L. the owner, you'd understand..... :lol: The dude talks funny too... blowme

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom