Real disappointed in results

White nylon berber. Presprayed with power strike, scrubed with 175 and fibermax pad. Rinsed with dry slurry. Carpet had some traffic patterns, but nothing out of the normal wear and tear and it was only 1.5 years old. Definitely an improvement, but still a lot of visible wear. High end homeowners. I feel like I let them down. I told them to contact the place that sold them the carpet.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I agree, the carpet they are making today is garbage.. I cleaned one today that was 40 years old, still looked great(I think that was the problem, the old stuff lasted too long)! If they don't turn it around soon people are going to go with alternatives.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
What in the hell is Powestrike?

I am Guessing Prochem Power Strike

http://www.jondon.com/prochem-power-strike.html

Prochem Power Strike

•Puts more cleaning power on the carpet to remove heavy soils
•High-solvent, alkaline formula
•Strikes extreme grease and grime without extended dwell time
•pH: 11.3-11.6
•Various dilutions

Prochem Power Strike has an ultra-concentrated blend of alkaline surfactants and solvents that make this a radical super-strength pre-conditioner. Its high pH and grease-cutting solvents power through heavy soil and grime, making it ideal for commercial and industrial properties or any other facility with high levels of soiling. No extended dwell time is necessary -- this product achieves great results in record time!

In addition, Power Strike's unique formula contains special corrosion inhibitors that protect equipment, minimalizing breakdowns, maintenance costs, and downtime.

Dilutions:
•For power injection sprayer: add 6 scoops
•For pump-up sprayer: add 2 scoops per gallon of water

http://www.jondon.com/media/pdf/msds_docs/MS-PC-PSTK6.pdf

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
add about 4-6 scoops of oxy clean wit it in your HF : )

you'll be surprised what it will do.

By itself it's okay at best.

Able 1

Name
Keith
It's Powerburst's weaker brother.. Though I don't think it was a chem issue, more of a crap carpet issue.

Exactly. Just crappy carpet. Still I was shocked. This is year old nylon not poly. It wasn't even that dirty. Yesterday I cleaned a real s**t hole and it looked great. It was just a builders grade nylon.

The homeowner should be able to get new carpet imo.

My grandmother's carpet was 25 years old before she ever had it cleaned. Of course I was the one to clean it. Looked brand new. Very good nylon pile carpet. I love the carpet in my house and it is well over 20 yrs old. Keith power strike does clean better than powerburst in residential/rental situations. Smells better too. I have been using Flex and really like it, but I ran out. Wouldn't have made a difference though. As far as prochem juice is concerned ultra pac is the best. Expensive and smells strong though. Out of all the powders and liquids I have used ultrapac outperforms them all. Just don't like the smell.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Well, I don't think it cleans better, and I used powerstrike for awhile might be a difference in soil content in our different areas? Ultra Pac is great, but the Butyl is no good for you to be breathing unless you want to end up like Bawb. I was a Ultra Pac only guy for a while(4 years), but changed from it for health concerns(shit IS nasty)..

Really, I haven't even seen the carpet you are talking about, though I know what you are talking about... It's crap! That's what they want to produce and sell, it's going to catch up with us all.

Last edited:

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Wouldn't have made a difference though. As far as prochem juice is concerned ultra pac is the best. Expensive and smells strong though. Out of all the powders and liquids I have used ultrapac outperforms them all. Just don't like the smell.

I mix 32 oz of Ultrapac with 10oz Citrusolve and 1 gallon of water in my 7 quart hydroforce with a 4-1 draw. Customers actually love the smell. Smells all orangy.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I mix 32 oz of Ultrapac with 10oz Citrusolve and 1 gallon of water in my 7 quart hydroforce with a 4-1 draw. Customers actually love the smell. Smells all orangy.

For the nasty ones, right? That is really strong!! Bet you never need a spotter!:eekk:

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
For the nasty ones, right? That is really strong!! Bet you never need a spotter!:eekk:

Actually you just made me think about that. Maybe I have an 8-1 tip. If I dont. That is about double strength isnt it. Hmmmmm....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom