Real Estate and rug sucking

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Reports from our BNI realtor is they are getting multiple offers and the last 2 homes they sold brought more than the asking price

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Have a fairly unique market where we service so maybe not comparing apples to apples. Cleaned a move out for a secretary of a local law office about 3 weeks ago. Community of 14K, that particular day they were closing 40 real estate deals.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Sellers market here.
Supposedly limited inventory as well as a race to beat an anticipared rise in interest rates.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Sellers market here.
Supposedly limited inventory as well as a race to beat an anticipared rise in interest rates.

Low inventory is due to the huge number of foreclosed homes being held by banks. The Obama administration is paying the banks to keep houses off the market so prices go up to make it look like there's an economic recovery. The thinking is that every boom or bust is due to consumers being willing to spend money, and if they think their homes are regaining value they'll be willing to spend more. Since we're mostly sheep, this is working, so no one is complaining too loudly that we're funnelling more tax money to the people that caused the problem in the first place.

In my neighborhood four new homes sold before they were finished, while six vacant bank-owned homes have been sitting empty for over two years. None are for sale.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Simple fact..
Houses move and so do our wands...
Houses in Southwest Colorado are moving well. Here in the Dominican Republic we hung a "For Sale" sign on our house last year (we want to downsize with the kids gone) and no offers yet.

Steve

PS We've focused on breaking in to the real estate market in our last two QuickTIPS. One was a fast and free way to grab a Realtor's attention. And the QuickTIP included two ways to motivate a Realtor to refer you to their clients.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
One of our Largest Clients is a Real Estate Company. Been keeping me pretty busy actually.The house across the street just sold for list price, Move out one day and new owners moved in the next. They came from out of state too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It depends on the price range, starter and mid ranges homes seem to be selling fast. The higher end homes are sluggish, had one neighbor take a year to sell and one just down the road from me just sold after 4-months and several drops in the listing price.

The value of my home has dropped so much I couldn't move if I wanted to, fortunately I love where I live or I'd be in trouble. :icon_neutral:

Buyers market, you can get some amazing deals if you can qualify.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They are building here too but for sold homes, not many spec homes being built. Builders have really taken it on the chin here, some didn't make it though the economic down turn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom