Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I have a multi million rental house with sisal on the stairs
havent seen it yet but my customer said it's filthy. I would
apreciate any help here..

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
first prequalify it for yourself.. again could be sisal wool... but if if its real sisal... we've been over this before.. you'll have to use a host system..

Ok.. if you get a complete release.. and then permission to knock the sence out of the customer.. you "could" acid rinse with ooper low pressure.. even use a upholstery tool for absolute minimum moisture penetration, and super fast dry... that could remove more soil but possibly still cause browning.. hence the host.. and don't go stingy with the solvent preconditioner.

But if its wool sisal.. relax, and clean the carpet! !dork!

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
By the way, the Sisal I have to clean in this fancy restaurant here turns out to be made of olefin. Still gonna be fun. Lots of big heavy tables to move while the floor crew is cleaning the wood around the carpet. They do the wood every night. And they want it done on a Friday night at 12.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Warren I think I made the first post when I was asleep: If you search Kevin L's threads. He asked about some sisal in a restaurant. (that turned out to be olefin)... but we discussed some good procedures on how to tackel these.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You can wet clean seagrass. It will just fade a little. If the stairs in a multi-million dollar house are filthy, you can bet the house staff have been cleaning them and they're full of sticky residue.

We did a similar job recently that was sisal. We bound new stuff and let them replace it.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/furniture ... kit/f22280

Is this what you bought?

first mistake: They do not include their preconditioner solution...

http://www.hostcarpetcleaning.com/diyCo ... rvices.htm

I'm not sure anybody but the rental places will sell that part. Anyways you can use something like Chemspec's heavy duty soil lifter which is designed to be used with their dry solvent based system with the host system.. or try to get the host preconditioner.

Second: the hand brush is a joke. I only get results when I'm using a the host machine crb.

But see option two in my post: I suppose you could use option 3: http://www.jondon.com/catalog/default.p ... _1162_1163 You could hand dry clean them with a spray bottle, the chemspec dry cleaner and a lot of towels. Just another option. I wouldn't recommend it for entire rooms of the stuff, but it may be feasible for a stair case. you can sit on the lower steps and work your way down.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Dave the kit had precond. but directions said not to use on sea grass. The bottom line is
the where in ruff shape and would need a lot of work, that being said I don't think any
type of cleaning would help.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I don't mean to hijack this thread but while we're on shitty carpet. That carpet at the restaurant ended up shrinking after cleaning. It already had gaps in the seams before we started. I thought it was a bad install but it turns out it isn't suppose to be laid in any commercial setting and it can't be glued which it was. When I went to Prosource to research it before cleaning they called the manufacturer that faxed info that said it could be hwe but in small print at the bottom of the same page it said dry clean only. Apparently Prosource and the installer tried talking these people out of using this carpet before hand but they insisted. They also made the installer lay hardwood after only 2 days of acclimation and they had people walking on the floor while it was being laid. I love rich people.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
wait wait wait.. a shrinking olefin...?? Was it a woven olefin with jute backing? Thank God we have the opportunity sometimes to just say NO!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom