really pissed off a guy..

Mikey P

Administrator
last night I sent out a Facebook invite to 320 of my customers who I have emails for..

I will never use or recommend you guys again. I HATE and feel companies are desperate when they sneak my e-mail info in attempts to get my business. You guys already had my support and business and now you have made me lose trust because you have shown that you are just like any other internet telemarketer that sends e-mails and calls people looking for business, but what you are really doing is pissing the prospective customer off. I get this crap all the time. Never thought I would have my e-mail compromised by a local business that I already trusted and liked. So good job on losing my support and recommendations. Oz was cool, you should just stick to local personal advertising other than this type of e-mail annoyance which I did not give you permission to have.

Your lost customer,
Dominic

15 or so others have become friends so far

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Don't you ask first if they would like to receive cleaning tips, special and other information .

In can just be an opt in box on your invoice by the line with their e-mall address.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I admit that I hate getting email solicitations and offers as well. It turns me off to a business. but then again, i don't like getting postcards and newsletters in the mail either....My mantra is "When I need you, I'll call you. Leave me alone until then!"

If you didn't leave me a card or magnet so I can call you next time and/or if you didn't impress me enough to remember you, then I don't have time to read your smarmy emails, postcards and newsletters. They create clutter in my life I don't need. If you are good, I will call you despite the fact you don't send me coupons 4 times a year and just maintain consistent pricing and good service.

I mean come on, how do YOU like wading through the junk mail and emails you all receive every day?! How do you feel about the wasted paper, the burden on the mail delivery system, the clutter in your inbox? Ever miss an important email because you missed it wading through all the junk? Pisses me off!

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Bruce
truckmount girl said:
I admit that I hate getting email solicitations and offers as well. It turns me off to a business. but then again, i don't like getting postcards and newsletters in the mail either....My mantra is "When I need you, I'll call you. Leave me alone until then!"

If you didn't leave me a card or magnet so I can call you next time and/or if you didn't impress me enough to remember you, then I don't have time to read your smarmy emails, postcards and newsletters. They create clutter in my life I don't need. If you are good, I will call you despite the fact you don't send me coupons 4 times a year and just maintain consistent pricing and good service.

I mean come on, how do YOU like wading through the junk mail and emails you all receive every day?! How do you feel about the wasted paper, the burden on the mail delivery system, the clutter in your inbox? Ever miss an important email because you missed it wading through all the junk? Pisses me off!

Take care,
Lisa
WOW all Mike did was send the guy a friend request on Facebook.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
As quick as you can, send the guy an apology. Tell him you're just a dufus and didn't see that the Facebook invite might be considered spam. Tell him you aren't going to be sending him any more e-mail messages - in fact the idea of the Facebook page was to let people stay connected without resorting to old-style junk mail or e-mail.

Give him your best Roger Rabbit p-p-p-p-lease and you'll have a long-term customer that knows you care about his opinion.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I hate email solicitation too, but this guy is over the top nutz.

He acts as if you had be sending them to him after he had complained to you to stop. He need some anger management, who gets that wound up over an email?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Wyatt Earp said:
I hate email solicitation too, but this guy is over the top nutz.

He acts as if you had be sending them to him after he had complained to you to stop. He need some anger management, who gets that wound up over an email?
I.....could make you sorry you sED that :twisted:

Name
Bill Soukoreff
If owner operators need to constantly market to their established customer base they are doing something wrong. Do not listen to the marketing gurus.

Mikey P

Administrator
The Great Oz said:
As quick as you can, send the guy an apology. Tell him you're just a dufus and didn't see that the Facebook invite might be considered spam. Tell him you aren't going to be sending him any more e-mail messages - in fact the idea of the Facebook page was to let people stay connected without resorting to old-style junk mail or e-mail.

Give him your best Roger Rabbit p-p-p-p-lease and you'll have a long-term customer that knows you care about his opinion.

I did just that. Really bent over for the asshole... :cry:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Your banana dudes tell it so much better

smiley-sex012.gif

smiley-sex011.gif

smiley-sex020.gif

TimP

No reason for someone to get bent out of shape for a facebook request.

If it's repeated I could understand. Or if the guy gave you his e-mail address and said don't market to me at all. Then I could understand.

All you can do is what Mikey did, that is if you still want them as a customer. Sometimes it's better to fire the client than deal with the bull that they send your way, which can lead to other problems.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
just a suggestion, put a spot in your invoice for e-mail and a box to check off to remind you to ask the custy if they would like to receive e-mails or direct mailers in the future.....

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
E-mails should be for permissive advertising.

Get permission first with an opt in on you invoice if they want more informatin, tips , specials ....

Then you won't have this problem and the e-mails have more chance of being expected and read.

S

steamclean

Maybe he just found out that his wife was having an affair, with the last service man that visited his home.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good lord. It's a fricken email. Get over it already already.

I click through a bunch of crap emails and it takes all of about 2 seconds.
Keeps the mind sharp to make quick decisions.

That's right...I said it.....our email marketing crap makes you a smarter person you dumbasses. lol

Jimbo

Sorry...but I have to disagree with Mr O'Haleck and the magnificent poohbah Mike P on this issue...

If the custy is so unhappy with you over this trivial matter...he is most likely unhappy in general...that is a custy I would be happy to lose!...Let him try some of the looser cc companies in SC...he'll come crawling back...or not...who cares!

The last 5 years when I ask for referrals...I state 'They have to be happy people'...you would be amazed at the quality of referrals that you get.- Jimbo

Mike Draper

truckmount girl said:

Take care,
Lisa

my feelings exactly.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jimbo said:
Sorry...but I have to disagree with Mr O'Haleck and the magnificent poohbah Mike P on this issue...

If the custy is so unhappy with you over this trivial matter...he is most likely unhappy in general...that is a custy I would be happy to lose!...Let him try some of the looser cc companies in SC...he'll come crawling back...or not...who cares!

The last 5 years when I ask for referrals...I state 'They have to be happy people'...you would be amazed at the quality of referrals that you get.- Jimbo

Well said

Mikey P

Administrator
Please accept our sincere apologies.
We certainly did not aim to offend or upset you in anyway. I didn't even consider that a Facebook friend invite would create a problem for anyone.

Sorry,

Mike Pailliotet

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I'm like Lisa but every customer is different

I usually ask if they would like a reminder card in a year, most say yes. I leave it at that.

twitter, myspace, facebook

might be better off trying to figure out what is next and invent it

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Service reminders. It could be a site with your regularly scheduled service appointments like heat and air, cc, oil changes, septic tank, propane fill, you get the idea.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I have to say I am at the other end of the spectrum. I actually enjoy getting an e-mail offer for something of value that I happen to either need at that time or in the near future. Saves me the time of looking for it.

Any customer of mine that complained about getting sent something either thru the e-mail or thru a mailed postcard I wouldn't want as a customer anyways.

I got a mailing list of 1000 current customers, losing one jackass won't hurt much. In fact, I might delight in sending a few extra offers to him, just for kicks.

G

Gnu

I can relate to the guy. and what Lisa said. I linked to one business on merchant circle on the 25 and today is the 26th. and thus far have recieved 21 email offers of crap I will never in my life want or need to use. But unlike psycho guy emailing Mikey. I kept mine short and sweet. "**** OFFFFF!!!" I dont need a rebath, refurb, or 10 shower heads to wash my balls off! Just one tiny one will do :twisted: blowme

Mikey P

Administrator
I kept it short and sweet too..
Dear Dominic,
We're excited about our new Facebook page and want to invite you to join us there.
On our page you'll find helpful tips, videos, discounts on our cleaning services and the ability to scream for help when your beloved doggy knocks over a glass of wine late at night.
Please become our "friend" @ http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=7*****

Thank you for your continued patronage,

Mike Pailliotet

and no, I dont want you broke dick carpet cleaners on my FB

Cameron1

As you grow a business you are going to step on some toes. A multi trucker has a different mind set than an O/O.
Another way of looking at it......a 15 to 1 ratio is pretty darn good. I would bet a 50 that the guy would have used you again even if you did not respond.

I treat every client with respect....personally answer every complaint or suggestion.

The bottom line though ........If you ain't pissing somebody off then you ain't growing your business.

Joe on Steves computer

dgargan

Attention newbies

Don't by any means listen to the comment above by Bill. Worst advice I've ever seen on this board.

"If owner operators need to constantly market to their established customer base they are doing something wrong. Do not listen to the marketing gurus."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom