Becker

Name
Becker
What would you do?

I have a TM.. in pieces.

Roots blower completely rebuilt,
Brand new cat pump with clutch.
new 24 ho Honda.
Frame will be a Hydramaster crossfire 4.2 xl.
I have all the heat exchangers, and they all all in working order.
But I was thinking propane?
I was looking at building it up to be a quiet propane heated hot TM.
What kinda heat do ya think I can get with propane, and good flow?

Or should I put it back as it was, and be happy with the heat the heat exchangers put off? And the loud noise. ( wont be a good comm machine for late night work. )

G

You could use both HX and propane,that crossflre was the old dump into the tank solenoid,it also recirulated some back into the mixing tank,I would get rid of that solenoid.The reason I say both is because you can have great heat while using only a fraction of the propane you would use heating ambient water,and you can just come off the outlet of the machine right into the propane heater then out.You will have to ajust the heater so it will handle the hotter water coming in.

PS-the smaller air cooled engines are just louder cause you run them at high rpm,dont know if another silencer would even help

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hmmmmm...let's see here...
all the components of a BOMB..

Propane and fire......

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
97 percent of your noise is coming from the blower. My TM is fooking loud. I had a straight pipe coming off the engine exhaust. I changed it re-routing the exhaust to under the vehicle with the exhaust. Didnt do a fookin thing for noise reduction. All the noise was coming from my 56 blower.

Golden Boy

G

He said he wanted hot Bob not luke warm.Waldo,if possible add another muffler to the blower exhaust,you will cut it down alot.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
When i can get 205 ATM wit no possibility of blowing Mrs Phiffs house up........fo fre

I'LL TAKE IT ANYDAY!

'cides...i'll bet you a Fi..that you CAN'T take a hold of my brass QD's......

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Kevin P said:
He said he wanted hot Bob not luke warm.Waldo,if possible add another muffler to the blower exhaust,you will cut it down alot.
actually it take TWO mufflers to break the noise sine wave.......

Name
I'm Rick James
Becker said:
What would you do?

I have a TM.. in pieces.

Roots blower completely rebuilt,
Brand new cat pump with clutch.
new 24 ho Honda.
Frame will be a Hydramaster crossfire 4.2 xl.
I have all the heat exchangers, and they all all in working order.
But I was thinking propane?
I was looking at building it up to be a quiet propane heated hot TM.
What kinda heat do ya think I can get with propane, and good flow?

Or should I put it back as it was, and be happy with the heat the heat exchangers put off? And the loud noise. ( wont be a good comm machine for late night work. )

Hey Don, I went to talk to Joe in MLT about the used crossfire he has. I was kinda hoping it was the 4.2 but it turned out to be the 3.7. He said you grabbed the last one. That Crossfire he has is worth the money, just to small for me.

Hows the weather in Spokane? You start a marketing campain over there yet?

I pretty much rebuilt my machine, runs like a champ now. A 3ht heater from greenie will give you great heat. Around $1300 if I remember right.

Greenie

Hybrids will never go away, to many benefits. Best hybrids are teh ones that use coolant HX and no engine exhaust, but don't shake a stick at a single solenoid HX hybrid, just make sure to have a 280 pop off valve....nothin' like sippin' the LP and still having high flow AND high heat.

Build it Becker.

minuteman

Go check out Masterblend's the devil for the propane unit if you want to go that route , your going to need a belly tank for it and a bunch of other stuff for it, and mind you well, if you get a pin hole leak in a PP line it goes off like a Atom Bomb!!! Been there, Seen that, Done that!

I think that it would be cheaper to have another HX made that you could put on the blower, make it the same in and out as the blower and 3' long or longer if you have the room, turn it down under the van and plumb it through a D's "L" silencer to quite it down and then a muffler, make it all the same size for best air flow from the blower.

Just a thought.

Chris A

Name
Chris
minuteman said:
Its for the Propane unit its smal for a Van and Pumps the Heat!
Go get a grip!

Guess I thought it was funny you translated El Diablo to English for everyone, we's jus janitors after all...

minuteman

Funny, Ha! Ha! And DA Balls went from Carpets to Windows, to a Fire Job, to a Flood job today...
so to tell the truth... DA BALLS "R" DONE FOR THE DAY!

Back
Top Bottom