Recent Repair from sun damage triple decker

safeclean

This one was a pain but the customer can not afford new carpet as she is going to rent it out how many times can we do it as you will see where I had done this repair before about 4 years ago.

Sun Damage before we started
pics003.jpg

After we cut using a straight edge
pics005-1.jpg

Using donor piece from cupboard and cutting with a straight edge
pics006-1.jpg

Kool glide tape installed
pics007.jpg

Corners prepared before bonding
pics008-1.jpg

pics009-1.jpg

Thats myself using the Kool Glide for the edges first
pics010-1.jpg

Working along the line with the Kool Glide and a flat board with weight as I go.
pics011.jpg

After set up is complete 10 minutes usually than start to relay.
pics013.jpg

pics014-2.jpg

Job complete looks great got to love those three colors hey NOT :)
pics015.jpg

pics016.jpg

Craig

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Wow. Is that a piece of acrylic carpet. I know acrylic is bad like that. Well looks like a nice little border job.

safeclean

Its just a Nylon cut pile there Harry the problem dealing with it is the latex glue is dissolving and making it hard to seam and lay.

Craig

Stevea

Craig,

Great demonstration, appreciate the step by step.

Even if you did not have a border to follow, this also demonstrates how we can sometimes simply add a border to a room as a reasonable repair. When the situation warrants it, one can put a border around the entire room and make a bad situation look like it was meant to be a custom job.

Thanks for sharing with all of us.

SA

safeclean

If you look at the first photo you will notice my straight edge bronze color it is a metre long and very safe to use due to the handle grip.

Craig

RandyHilburn

Craig,

Sun damaged carpets in front of sliding glass patio doors are a common problem in our area. Clearly, you are a talent and produce results to which I aspire.

I've done this type of repair several times and always use a straight edge. However, I don't know that when using a carpet knife and a straight edge that I've been able to remove the damaged area with same precision as shown in your photos.

In my opinion, a precision cut-out of the damaged area is the critical step when attempting this particular repair. When cutting out the damaged area, did you cut from the back side? If cutting from the back, are you measuring and snapping a chalk line or following a laser line?

safeclean

RandyHilburn said:
Craig,

Sun damaged carpets in front of sliding glass patio doors are a common problem in our area. Clearly, you are a talent and produce results to which I aspire.

I've done this type of repair several times and always use a straight edge. However, I don't know that when using a carpet knife and a straight edge that I've been able to remove the damaged area with same precision as shown in your photos.

In my opinion, a precision cut-out of the damaged area is the critical step when attempting this particular repair. When cutting out the damaged area, did you cut from the back side? If cutting from the back, are you measuring and snapping a chalk line or following a laser line?

Hi

The damaged piece was cut from the top and the piece that was insterted I cut from the back to get a better cut I use this knife
720.jpg

it gives me the best cut possible better than the stanly knife I use it for all my patch work aswell. I do not use a chalk line I just move the straight edge as I go and try and stay straight as I can checking all the time before I cut with this type of straight edge I can push down hard without worrying about slipping or cutting myself.

Craig

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
That is my favorite knife . Holds more blades and the lenght of the blade is more than others. I like my blede to stick out as far as possible. Best knife by far. :D

Back
Top Bottom