Recommended Wand for Apartments and Rentals

Joe Couch

I wanted to find out what most of you are using in Apartments and how well it works.

What size, brand, glide or no glide.

I have a Hydrosonic that I love but at 12 inches I am losing productivity.

I just got a Greenhorn wand and the only downside is water consumption because of the high flow.

Do I have the 2 best or is there something better?

Fred Homan

I think I have mine at about 400 psi....Maybe a little higher on a longer hose run....Ohhhh and a hole glide....

Name
Jesse
With slotted ti @18 flow, we run 600 on average and dry times are about 2hr. A few days ago I was in the truck and had a freshly painted carpet (fools) I cleaned @ 1000 psi and I felt it would dry in 3-4 hrs. I think when you have big heat you can run higher pressures since it's mostly vaporized.

Greenie

ASSUMING the carpet you are cleaning isn't cheap apt. grade stuff and actually has some pile to it, one of the KEY benefits of running a Greenhorn is you can MAKE USE of higher pressure for agitation, if you run your old wand at 400 psi, you can clean all day long at 600 psi or even a bit higher, and have BETTER dry times by design.

So make use of it, and turn up the pressure on your next job (Apt. cleaners take note, judgment counts for part of your business).

I tested this on my own olefin berber at 850 psi a few days ago, dry in less than one hour, I actually think it dried a bit faster than the last time we cleaned.

DO NOT do this with other wands.

Joe Couch

I ran my Greenhorn today at 550psi and it did a great job and water consumption wasn't bad either. I will be ordering 2 more in the near future.

I will also add that this is by far one of the best built wands I have ever had.

Steve Smith

"I tested this on my own olefin berber at 850 psi a few days ago, dry in less than one hour, I actually think it dried a bit faster than the last time we cleaned. "

I know this gets beat to death, but when you say dry in less than one hour, did you use a moisture meter, or Ken Harris' definition of dry to verify it was dry?

Also, did you do any dry strokes, or post pad?

Greenie

Steve, because most housewives don't own a moisture meter, I am just referring to a "normal" sense of dry.

But to be more accurate here is a reference cause I knew there would be one or two that would ask.

I used lots of water, on average I made 3 wet passes and 1 dry, and yes I tend to trigger forward and back if it's dirty, so maybe you call that 6 wet passes?
You get the picture, I didn't spare the water, I was intentionally giving it a tough test, as you would.

5-10 mins. after completing a room I checked as I was working my way back out of the next room...you couldn't transfer ANY moisture to your hand or your pant knee....and I tried.

30 mins. into it I did the paper towel test, stood on it for about 30 sec. still couldn't transfer.

That is as scientific as I got.

Now the ringer... we were dual wanding on an AeroTech at 16"hg and both wands had 020 flow (5 #4 jets), so yes we had a big blower and both wands were screaming, temp was about 220º give or take.

Name
Ron lippold
greenie thanks for posting that areo tech dual wand 20 flow 220 degrees, when we dual wand at 42 flow total the mighty V will hold 220-240 and just as fast dry times. Good hearing your results.

Steve Smith

Greenie,

Your statement "I tested this on my own olefin berber at 850 psi a few days ago, dry in less than one hour, I actually think it dried a bit faster than the last time we cleaned. " is more than a little misleading.

Later you post "Now the ringer... we were dual wanding"

There is a huge difference with 850 psi going to one wand versus 850 psi being split between two wands.

That is the problem with so many "claims" made on these Bulletin Boards, there always seems to be a "catch".

Also, please clarify: "Steve, because most housewives don't own a moisture meter,"
Are you a housewife? I thought you were talking about your olefin berber?

What I find the most shocking:
The fact that you have made hundreds of statements over the years about glides, wands, hose, drying times, etc.. and you don't own any moisture meters!!

I would be happy to send you a meter, although I think I know why you never back any of your drying time claims with moisture meters (PT Barnum?).

hogjowl

Idiot™
Steve ... don't be a dick man. If you want to be anal with a moisture meter, go for it man, but don't bother us with it. When it feels dry, it's dry.

Part of the problem with the boards is the communication that is lost but is necessary for full understanding of the topic at hand. Greenies posts on this thread are true and accurate, but what he failed to tell you is he was either running a hole glide or a hybrid. With a hole glide, and my 36 blower, I get 1.5 hour dry times all day long.

However, with a slot glide my drying times are not a whole bunch better than running without a glide at all. The slot glide just improves the "glide" of the wand over the carpet a bit better.

If you're doing apartments, then you probably can't afford to prevacuum, and it you don't, you'd better stick to the slot glide.

Greenie

Marty is right on.

Steve, I have to ask, is it a MN thing or are you always an ass?

I think they are asking for you over at Nicks board.

It's hard to imagine I ever sold something to you, read my signature.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Greenie & Marty.

I had no problem at all following what Greenie described.

I like the KISS principle.

& I'm an Aussie, so I figure that If I can understand it, most normal people should be able to.

As Tony would say, "An housewife with a moisture meter, good grief".

C'ya

John Watson

Hey there Mate, You gotsa keep thet there meter aways from your misses. Dealia, Shed have youse poked so full of holes testin on youse thet youse would drys compleatly out or whend ever youse tried to sneaka pint or 6 youd be leakin allover the dadblaned floor

Toodle doo

Fred Homan

Greenie, cannot be a MN thing....Being an ass. Not me! That is just how some people are.

Greenie

Sorry Fred, just trying to figure out why 4 out of 5 I talk to are completely out of this world?

If you are startin' to make Californians look normal, there must be something in the water?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom