Recondition an RX-20

Name
Brad Gouveia
Anybody ever recondition their old rx-20. I got 2 that work great but the paint is flaking off. I was wondering if anybody has ever done this and has some tips.

I remember on the old ICS board there was a post about someone having one rhinolined I think.

My are getting to the point I am almost ashamed to bring them in a house as they are looking pretty bad.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I did mine years ago but it's been so long I forgot what I used. I wish I could remember cause it held up way better then the factory finish.

Name
Marcus
Es I did
Scrubbed and sanded the outside and inside
Spray painted black the outside and inside...probably shouldn't spray the inside
Changed the grease to have the high synthetic grease
And put green glides on it...this is a must do......looked great

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
I've done it to four RX's so far. I take them apart (Make sure you keep the same units together!), had them sandblasted, and powder coated. They turned out great!

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Powdercoating is a good choice, Zolatone spatter finish is also a tough, good looking coating. No matter what the finish, surface preparation is the key to a long-lasting job.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when I had mine i just took it apart and used a wire brush on the end of a angle grinder and cleaned all the crap off of it...
primed it really good and used hammered spray paint...

a few years later....I remember looking back at it as it lay there in the dump...still had a nice finish on it......

Name
Steve Lawrence
I've done it to 3 but not as thoroughly as some of you. The powder coat sounds really nice. I didn't totally disassemble but cleaned and sanded it really well and used lots of painter's tape to protect areas I didn't want paint on. Used a hammered spray paint as Jim above. Probably not as durable as the powder coat. Love RX-20 cleaning!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom