Red Relief (Pro Choice)???

G

I have never used this product, and it says, it is not a heat transfer product, but needs heat to activate it. so I know about a damp cloth & iron then extract it.
It's a pepto bizmol stain.
I'm not to excited about using an iron on nylon berber, or at all for that matter! :lol:
Y, because, how do i know how hot to get the iron, how long to leave it on? Seems like to many factors to make a mistake on!

So, has anyone used a "hairdryer" to activate the product???
Seem like this would be a lot safer!

Thanks for your help! AL

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Red Dye Stain Remover

Alan;

It is not that difficult.

With a good "Dye Stain Remover", set the iron on Cotton.

Wring out the terry towel, and lay it over the stain.

Set the hot iron on the stain, moving it in a 1" orbital pattern.

Check after 30 seconds, and if necessary, use another 30 seconds.

Larry Cobb

G

Re: Red Dye Stain Remover

Larry Cobb said:
Alan;

It is not that difficult.

With a good "Dye Stain Remover", set the iron on Cotton.

Wring out the terry towel, and lay it over the stain.

Set the hot iron on the stain, moving it in a 1" orbital pattern.

Check after 30 seconds, and if necessary, use another 30 seconds.

Larry Cobb

Thanks Larry, but it says it's not a heat transfer product, so in 30sec. what will I see? (be looking for? to know if I left it on long enough?)
I was told the red will be removed when extracting.
Thanks, AL

Farenheit251

Lowes has the wagner steamer in the wallpaper section. You can now get it without all the extra accessories we don't need for $49.

G

Right on Brian!
But you guys sure a hairblower would not work?
It would be so much easier!
It's a controlled high heat, without the water of steam, or damp towel???

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Alan;

With a good product, you will see red reduction results in 30 sec.

STEAM is the key component to achieve good results.

Larry Cobb

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Listen to josh. I think he is the only one that caught on that you said Pepto. Use Stain Magic first if you use Red Relief first and it doesn't work you have now SET the stain and it the next thing you use to get the stain out will be a knife. Stain Magic will most likely take care of the pepto just spray it on and leave it. if it doesn't come out you cna then go to red Relief but you can't reverse the order. Goes for all stains your not sure of.

Incase you don't know Stain Magic Organic Stains ie vegatable dyes which Pepto should have in them

Red Relief non organic ie man made dyes

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
As a generalization, the reducer, Red Relief is made for colors that come from man-made dyes also known as FDA dyes of food coloring. However, the dye in Pepto Bismol is easier removed with an oxidizer (according to CTI / Pro’s Choice). Thanks to Shawn F for that information.

So I suggest using either Stain Magic or Stain Zone. For either of these products be sure there are no other chemicals or spotting agents in the carpet. Rinse first if necessary. Apply the Stain Zone (or Stain Magic) to dry carpet. Since synthetic carpet will only absorb so much moisture, the stain removal product tends to stay on the surface of damp carpet. You want it to really soak deep into the fibers to reach all the source of the stain.

Really saturate the satin. Depending on the amount of staining material, it can take from 10 or 15 minutes up to several hours to gradually remove all the color. Fortunately neither of these products must be rinsed out. Once you see that it is working, you can leave it continue. Just be sure the product does not dry out before it has time to remove all the color. Of course, if you are there when the color is gone, go ahead and rinse.

For using Red Relief – Some stains, especially very new ones (a day or two old) will come out without heat. Steam is required for older stains. A wall paper steam or Jiffy Steamer or a steamer specially made for this work will do fine. If you use an iron, make sure it is filled with water and the steam setting works. Expect the bottom of the iron to get a chemical build-up. Don’t use the same iron on clothing unless you clean the iron first. Set the iron on the lowest temperature that will produce steam. For many irons this is the “wool” setting.

Another option is to soak a white cotton towel with water and put it in a microwave for a few minutes. Using tongs, place the hot steamy cloth over the stain.

Depending on the original dyes involved, Red Relief will either remove the color or turn it a brownish yellow. Check every 30 seconds or so. If you see the color gone or only brown / yellow. Then extract to rinse. Other-wise you can go for another 30 seconds as long as you are seeing improvement. If there is no improvement, add some more Red Relief.

For any of the products, use the freshest product for the best result. Heat and time will reduce their effectiveness.

Angela Rojo

also, you can place a clear piece of plastic like plastic wrap over the treated stain if you are using Stain Magic. This will trap the moisture close to the carpet and not allow it to evaporate as quickly - this gives you a longer activation period which equals a more successful treatment.

With regards to Red Relief, it is the steam not necessarily the heat which is acting as the catalyst - so steam is necessary.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the only thing I'll add to the already good info,

a blow drier will simply dry the stuff out too fast.
steamers are great, but take to too long (for me) to start making steam.

Fastest way for us, is to use an iron over a *WET* towel.
Monitor progress every 15 to 20 seconds and DON'T breath the steam vapors

...L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom