Red Silk Chair with Dog Vomit!

tim

Ive got Natural Fiber Cleaner and a horsehair brush. Any other suggestions? I know to wet evenly, test for bleeding or crocking. Any products or methods you can suggest? It is red silk with a gold design. Owner has an upscale furniture store, dogs got sick on chocolate and threw up on it. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You may need to use something with more alkalinity to neutralize stomach acids that were present. After alkaline treatment. Then your Natural Fiber Shampoo.

Depending on stomach contents, there may be food color and/or organic color left. If you need an oxidizer or reducer, either get one made for wool or dilute it with water. The product will not work as fast since it is diluted, but it should get the job done safer. (Test for colorfastness first.)

Scott Warrington

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Why does nobody ever say there may be residual staining? Everyone makes it seem like all stains are removable.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Red Silk Chair with Dog Vomit!

Sounds scary, any pics?. I may do it with the understanding that I wouldn't be responsible for any damage.

Dog is right, I don't think I'd want to try anything other then a regular pre-spray.

Albert

Jose Smith

I would follow Scott's advice. An alkaline prespray on the area will help in removal of the stain. I would follow that with a neutral fabric shampoo applied by hand.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Use distilled water when mixing the shampoo.

Jose Smith.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom