Red stains I don't recognize

twfaust

Name
Warrington Faust
Stain I can't identify. I am trying to clean a recently vacant apartment. There are numerous red stains on the floor the like of which I have never seen before, they are red and form 3" triangles. I spoke to a tenant in the building who helped the previous tenants move, he tells me the stains are from the feet of furniture. He seems to recall the feet were plastic. Anyway, I have tried about every cleaner and solvent I can find, from commercial products to acetone. Nothing seems to work. Anyone recognize these or have a suggestion?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Stain I can't identify. I am trying to clean a recently vacant apartment. There are numerous red stains on the floor the like of which I have never seen before, they are red and form 3" triangles. I spoke to a tenant in the building who helped the previous tenants move, he tells me the stains are from the feet of furniture. He seems to recall the feet were plastic. Anyway, I have tried about every cleaner and solvent I can find, from commercial products to acetone. Nothing seems to work. Anyone recognize these or have a suggestion?
The only thing that may work somewhat is a strong reducer. I have used a product called Streepene available from dry cleaner suppliers with some success. With everything you have already done, the stains are probably permanent. Reducers will also take the color out of the carpet if not careful.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Recognize what is there a photo???

Plastic bleed is a patch no good to try and fix

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Swani
Stain Magic and UV light if you think it's furniture polish, but you may have set the stain with the previous attempts.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It’s the turnip greens

I asked him why grandma (who carried the regional accent till her death at 93) ate turnip greens, chicken gizzards, pigs feet, and other things I detested (but had to eat when we visited of course).

He told me:

"Look, we had to learn to eat what rich people threw away"

That was a valuable life lesson to me

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I don’t recall any rich people being around anywhere.

I think "rich" was a relative term and probably referred to politicians, owners of large tracts of land, mining company executives, etc.

My young stomach surely saw that food as table scraps and garbage

But I still ate it out of fear of firm discipline....and learned a lot about life.

Reactions: Brian H and hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom