red stains

cleaningfool

I bought 40 vol peroxide and ammonia. Do you have to use an iron? How long do you let it dwell?

Greenie

fool, that is NOT for red stains, that is for natural stains like piss yellow and coffee, do not use heat.

order some vacaway Red Vanish one part dye stain remover (or similar product) and use that on your synthetic dye stains, you won't need heat 1/2 of the time, oh and treat dye stains DRY before you prespray.

While you are at it, ask Steve for his complete spotting kit, it'll be money well spent.

G

You might want to try a "red" removal product,Where did you get the idea for 40 and ammonia for red stains? It can be used in certain circumstances,but not for your standard synthetic dye.If what you are taking out is wine ,fruit juice then spray it on and leave.I would recommend a class or ride along for basic stain removal.

Rex Tyus

Kevin P said:
Chads said:
To play with your machine :lol:
Hopefully you mean that literally :D If you really want to,you can,but without a 59 for now.

Sounds more like he is looking for a 69. :shock:

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :roll:

G

Chads said:
Oh come on I want to play with the big machine the vortex killer.
I believe I said it will have at least the same or better(than stock)performance and yet it cost me a whopping $5000,still waiting for a part.but if you are not BSing,you can run it if you come to sac town.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Treat red spots berfore you prespray too... Seems like most red removers work best on dry carpet. I don't know why but, that's something I've noticed.

cleaningfool

I have read on the board about Fels Naptha.What kind of stain can this stuff get out. and where can i get some?

tim

I havent found any in our part of the country, I ordered mine over the internet. I love Fels but have never seen it work on a red stain personally. I love it on filter lines, greasy areas around desk chairs and treadmills, mystery spots that dont respond to anything else and have even been known to use on traffic areas in front of sofas and recliners :shock: . That being said, if you use it, flush it very well. It is not formulated to rinse well in carpet cleaning so lots of flushing. If you drive up to OKC I will give you a bar to try, just dont tell all the hacks in my area about it!

cleaningfool

thAnks Tim, I'll take you up on that bar. how is the carpet cleaning business in the city? Just starting to pick up residential here.

Chads

Supportive Member
CleaningFool you need to fill out your profile completley some people will not take you very serious until then.

G

I believe he might be a fake poster. Might as well try and help the guy anyway, just in case.

Jeremy said:
Treat red spots berfore you prespray too... Seems like most red removers work best on dry carpet. I don't know why but, that's something I've noticed.

If the fiber is already full of moisture, there's no room for any spotter. That's why it works better on dry fibers.

Buzzbac

Chads said:
CleaningFool you need to fill out your profile completley some people will not take you very serious until then.

Cletus you is sayin that like its a BADDDDDDDDDD thing :D

G

Josh said:
I believe he might be a fake poster. Might as well try and help the guy anyway, just in case.

Jeremy said:

If the fiber is already full of moisture, there's no room for any spotter. That's why it works better on dry fibers.
I think it better to clean the "Red" area 1st,for 1,it might clean out 2,you want to get out anything else that might be with it( ie;dirt,sugar)and I have not had the "diluting" problem.

Now Stain Magic,yes ideally dry would be best,but not feasable all the time

G

Kevin P said:
I think it better to clean the "Red" area 1st,for 1,it might clean out 2,you want to get out anything else that might be with it( ie;dirt,sugar)

I agree.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Walrus said:
It should be that no profile.........no helpy.

I agree HTF are these guys supporting members I thought a profile is the ONLY thing you MUST do to be one.. Get on it moderators!!!! No profile only clean room.

tim

He is legit, he has called my cell phone before and we talked at length. Good guy trying to build his business like the rest of us. I dont know why his profile isnt filled out but he's a good guy. I have found if i treat the red stain with red vanish, then prespray, 80 percent of the time it is gone by the time I clean. If not, I rinse retreat and hit with heat...Jeff Cross taught that in a spot class once, it really works, The high ph seems to accelerate the red vanish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom