referral contests, any luck? How big a prize is needed?

Mikey P

Administrator
I know Jim Martin held one for his clients recently and gave away an Ipad.
I think he told me it did not drum up much in the way of new clients.

Just how much of a prize does it take to get people to attempt to win?

I would imagine you would end up with a few people who got you 2 to 5 jobs at best.
Do you have a tie breaker based on revenue?

Marc Imbesi

I have, Mikey. Back in the early 2000's I would give away a free Bissell Little Green Machine every quarter for the most referrals and listed the contest in my newsletter. Like anything else, you need to be consistent. Just running for 3mos, would be a waste. But to always hold the contest would keep you more in front of your clients' minds and increase their chances of winning...not this qtr, but next....like a PC campaign, you dont tend to see results until 3rd mailing....

Able 1

Name
Keith
I gave away a Dyson 3 years ago... I really don't think it worked all that well, though the guy had something like 12 referrals that year...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
I know Jim Martin held one for his clients recently and gave away an Ipad.
I think he told me it did not drum up much in the way of new clients.

Just how much of a prize does it take to get people to attempt to win?

I would imagine you would end up with a few people who got you 2 to 5 jobs at best.
Do you have a tie breaker based on revenue?

you must have me confused with someone else...the ipad paid for itself and I got some new clients....and I have gotten new clients from them....

the only thing about it was the person that won it.... but in the end it all worked out for them....

when we did the lap top referral program...it did do better then the ipad....I think that was about 3 or 4 years ago...??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom