Refresh my memory on greasing the blower

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’ll be getting another tm in a couple weeks and it has a 56 blower with grease ports. I forget what type of grease to use and how often.

Should I grease every 100hrs with oil change or is there a better schedule it should be on???

FredC

Village Idiot
grease2.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I also want to attach some hoses to the drain ports so the grease doesn’t make a mess. Any idea on what type of container I can get that doesn’t look like a beer can?

FredC

Village Idiot
I also want to attach some hoses to the drain ports so the grease doesn’t make a mess. Any idea on what type of container I can get that doesn’t look like a beer can?

Poke a hole in the lid of a mason jar. ;)

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Eh, I’ll try to find something to blend in. If I can’t find anything, I’ll just spray paint the jar to blend in with a zip tie around the lid attached to the frame.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was at the local distributor and he was ordering a replacement blower for a cleaner. When he got off the phone he showed me where the guy had attached a hose with a small petcock type valve. Sharp guy, accounted for the extra oil and everything.

Except he didn't count on bumping it a little and it opening enough to lose the oil while cleaning. The blower ran dry and wrecked it.

If you do add a hose, don't put any type of valve on it.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Hard to get 8 machine hours per day on a TM.
I would just go with the 100 hr schedule.
And no need to run it while greasing.
Grease it slowly till it exits the vents. Normal operation will expel any excess grease out the vents.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Matt a friend up here has a Thermal Wave he bought last year used.

Machine is a beast.

Just pump 4-5 squirts in the blower when ya service the engine. I always do it when the blower is cool also.

I buy Lucas brand grease that's green in color. Has a high temp rating.
A quick wipe with shop towel.after first job takes care of grease droppings

Name
Todd
Matt a friend up here has a Thermal Wave he bought last year used.

Machine is a beast.

Just pump 4-5 squirts in the blower when ya service the engine. I always do it when the blower is cool also.

I buy Lucas brand grease that's green in color. Has a high temp rating.
A quick wipe with shop towel.after first job takes care of grease droppings
Yep, I would definitely use synthetic grease !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom