Regarding claimed gas gal/hr

JoeClean

My cleanco is in a 6.0 ltr chevy and uses from 2 gal/hr to just a little over that.

Their ads claim 1.5 gal/hr . Under what ideal conditions is that possible?

Not complaining, just curious.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Their ads claim 1.5 gal/hr . Under what ideal conditions is that possible?

who knows..probably the same marketing guy that did the ad for the BrushPro cleaning 10,000sf an HOUR :eekk:

I do know Ford 5.4 Triton engine'd vans typically get better gas mileage than Chevy ..."maybe" that's what they used??
or perhaps like TM manufactures list specs on blowers uncorked with no restriction (no pipe/plumbing connected), maybe Cleanco is listing GPH used for a van running with no load???

who knows??

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It seems like our direct drives have always been about double the gas consumption of our slide in's.

We've been all over slide in's to begin with, in the late 80's Butlers, then side in's in the 90's and we are back to Butlers for carpet cleaning. I like the Prochem slide in's for water extraction.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Or maybe they just lied:icon_question:. I was bitterly disappointed to get that same 2.1 gal/hr when I first got my 03 Pro 1200, more than doubling the .8 gal/hr on my 87.:surprised: And with the 10 mpg the Chevy gets that's 3000 gallons of gas used per year normally:madd:. Sucks ass.:madder: If you turn down your RPMs from 1500 to 1400 (1500 is what the Pro1200 is set at) you can bring the fuel usage down and put less stress on the system without adversely affecting cleaning performance.:icon_cool:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I just cleaned a commercial job last week and was 2 blocks from the gas station, so I topped off before the job, and then topped off after the job. We clean on the highest rpm setting all the time (except furniture) and in this case, my 2008 Butler and 2011 Butler came in at 1.25 gallons per hour...and that did include the 4 blocks driving.

Mark Saiger

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
UOTE=Mark Saiger;4232162]I just cleaned a commercial job last week and was 2 blocks from the gas station, so I topped off before the job, and then topped off after the job. We clean on the highest rpm setting all the time (except furniture) and in this case, my 2008 Butler and 2011 Butler came in at 1.25 gallons per hour...and that did include the 4 blocks driving.

Mark Saiger[/QUOTE]

How is it that you're so far off the norm Mark??

Did pull up to the exact same pump?
Small differences in parking lot grades can make a substantial difference

Im not doubting your word....
Just seems odd you're so far off what most others get

LTA

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I cleaned with our 07 Butler a few weeks ago at my house, carpet, tile, upholstery and an area rug. The truck had 1/2 tank and I thought about topping it off but thought it would be better to return it full after I cleaned. I cleaned for 5-hours and when I got in to return it the gas light was on. :eekk:

I poured in a gallon or so to get me to the fuel station and nervously drove the 9-miles from my home to the station.

That truck is a PIG. A fire breathing pig, but still a pig..........and it left two crop circles in my grass where the exhaust cooked the grass. :biggrin:

It's a badass machine! :icon_cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not sure, I wasn't keep track other than I know it was at half and in the end it had next to none. :frown:

At least my home and furnishings looked pristine again.:errf:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
UOTE=Mark Saiger;4232162]I just cleaned a commercial job last week and was 2 blocks from the gas station, so I topped off before the job, and then topped off after the job. We clean on the highest rpm setting all the time (except furniture) and in this case, my 2008 Butler and 2011 Butler came in at 1.25 gallons per hour...and that did include the 4 blocks driving.

Mark Saiger

How is it that you're so far off the norm Mark??

Did pull up to the exact same pump?
Small differences in parking lot grades can make a substantial difference

Im not doubting your word....
Just seems odd you're so far off what most others get

LTA[/QUOTE]

Hi Larry,

I actually did pull up to the same station again and by chance, was at the same pump. Just pure coincidence, but I was curious how much it would take, so I did this "unofficial test" and that's what it came up with. I was pleasantly pleased with it and somewhat shocked. I see averages around 1.5 to 2 gallons an hour when I was guessing just by past experiences. But with the gas station so close this last time and I had time, so I thought I would give it a try. I'm seeing 14 to 16 miles to the gallon on the road with this unit and I have a lot of stuff in the unit! I mean A LOT OF STUFF (and water and chems). That really surprised me as well!

Mark

Name
Steve Lawrence
Not sure, I wasn't keep track other than I know it was at half and in the end it had next to none. :frown:

At least my home and furnishings looked pristine again.:errf:

Another thing, Rich, those GMC gas gauges are terribly inaccurate on the low end. It may have read 1/2 tank but could easily have been only a third tank or less.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Our 5.7ltr 3500 gas gauge is quirky on the lower end. Also after a long hard session, it will stall if you don't turn the van off then back on before attempting to drive : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom