Regrouting a floor

Name
Jesse
"We" just received a home back from a renter, she was there 8 years and really f'd it up good. Every time I drove by the home the front was immaculate, apparently not the inside. Anyway her dogs pissed all over the floor and the grout was ruined. It had stains & pits after we cleaned it really well.

1 of my guys was an installer in the past and said he could re-grout it. I gave him a helper and let him do his thing. It took them 64 labor hours to do a very good job. They did the kitchen, 1 bath, laundry room, and dining room totaling about 900sf. I was really surprised what this ended up costing me. They both are good employee's when it comes to getting regular jobs done.

It's an off white marble floor, 12" tiles, 1/8 grout. How long should this have taken (roughly)?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
That is a little long but nothing unreasonable. It's a ton of hard work.

$2.50 per square foot is close to what insurance companies pay.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Wait Wait Wait... You telling me you put in a real marble floor... in a Rental! :shock: Are you sick? or just like getting kicked in the balls? :twisted:

So it took them 4 - 8hr days to complete?

If it was real marble and unsanded 1/8 grout lines.. I could see about 3 to 4 days. Even a porcelain or cermic marble immitation, with small grout lines is going to take longer than 1/4 grouted lines.

Name
Jesse
Thanks for the replies. I always get suspicious when I see even numbers like that on the time cards + it seemed like alot of hours. The cost exceeded my expectations, I guess I didn't think much about it.

We purchased it that way. It wasn't going to be a rental. Sitting on the market too long and finding a "the right tenant" just made it happen.

Back
Top Bottom