Regrouting a shower floor

Joseph225

Cleaned a shower for a client that had some areas of the floor where the grout was missing. I'm generally willing to regrout, these days, but on this one, I could see down to the uncoupling membrane, and I referred to a retailer. They gave her info to an installer who called her, and after talking to her, said that it shouldn't be a problem.

The conversation kind of died, at that point, from my understanding...and now she's come back to me, hoping I can do it. I have had her plug the drain, and fill the shower with a bit of water. She marked it, left it overnight, and there was no decrease in the level of the water, so I don't think the shower pan has any issues. I'm thinking about doing it with an epoxy grout, to fill in the area where the thinset is missing. Would there be any problems with this? @Mikey P, someone told me you've got some kind of product you like to use...grout hardener, or something?

I have listed everything about this job that I can think of. If there are any pertinent aspects of this that I should be considering but am not, please let me know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom