Releasit vs. Some crap that my local guy sold me...

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Let's set up the senerio...

First, I'm a restoration guy that doesn't do a bunch of carpet cleaning.

I have a buddy that is the GM of an amusement place that has games, bowling, food and a bar in it. Nice place that did 9 million last year. It opened 20 months ago and had only had the carpets cleaned by some piece of crap self contained unit. The area by the kitchen is traaaaashed. I tried to tell him that it would happen but he didn't listen. So here income to save the day for him.

So went in a few days ago at 5am to beat the 11am crowd. There was about 3000 soft of carpet to do. We struggled with some equipment stuff and tried and tried to get the carpet to look better but the traffic lanes really looked like poop. The hard, impacted edges really didn't budge much. I used Cobbs powermax and mixed it strong. Not much doing. I mean, I took a crapton out of the carpet but the traffic lanes looked bad. We used some old slop and gobble that I had...nothing. Added citrisolve...nothing.

It started getting late so I decided to pull out the cimex and work on another room that wasn't as bad. I knew it needed extracted but time was running short. I left another guy on the wand and went to work. I mixed the releasit ridiculously strong with good results. Damn thing was looking better than all of the steam and muscle in the other area. I ran out of releasit so I ran to the supply house to pick more up. They sold some other magic juice so I tried it. The other half of the room looked like smeared grease. Terrible.

On a side note, I need to go back and try to get the other areas looking better. WTH can I do? I feel like I suck at this carpet cleaning stuff. It makes me want to not do it at all.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Compare the brightness of the first and second picture of the carpet with the pattern. It looks like crap.

My expectations of what it was supposed to look like was not met. I don't see how you guys deal with this all of the time.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Sounds like you may have built up residue as an issue from the crappy contained used. I would grab a good pre spray and scrub it in with the cimex, flush the crap out of the carpet first with your TM, and post pad with a little encap. It is probably loaded with soap hence why the flushing is needed, the post pad(use cotton pads) encap will help keep your wicking at bay, and help remove a little more soiling.

On commercial grade carpet, encap can and will make it look better than HWE a lot of times. I would flush the magic juice you got local out, and try a post padding with the release-it.

Just always remember to have consistent mix ratios when you are doing large areas, and to use the same products. I've done something similar when I ran out of my regular juice and used a heavier juice on the same area, end result was the same in having a noticeable difference where I used two different juices.

Reactions: Russ T. and Mikey P

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
releasit-baby.jpe

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Sounds like you may have built up residue as an issue from the crappy contained used. I would grab a good pre spray and scrub it in with the cimex, flush the crap out of the carpet first with your TM, and post pad with a little encap. It is probably loaded with soap hence why the flushing is needed, the post pad(use cotton pads) encap will help keep your wicking at bay, and help remove a little more soiling.

On commercial grade carpet, encap can and will make it look better than HWE a lot of times. I would flush the magic juice you got local out, and try a post padding with the release-it.

Just always remember to have consistent mix ratios when you are doing large areas, and to use the same products. I've done something similar when I ran out of my regular juice and used a heavier juice on the same area, end result was the same in having a noticeable difference where I used two different juices.

Man, it helps to have a "web guy" who knows this biz so well!

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Hoody

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
What product would you recommend? I used a stupid amount of scoops in Powermax and citrisolve and then scrubbed with the Cimex. Ive got a TCS Chief II cranked with the heat all the way up. The concrete part of the carpet didn't budge much at all. The dingy carpet still didn't look fresh.

Id like to go back and test and area out to see if I can help the guy.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm not sure who you were asking but I'd highly recommend Flex Powder with Citrus Solv. Maybe even put some in the Cimex and scrub as a first step, before you extract with your TM. There seems to be a bit of a buzz about encap rinses right now. It may be a good place to try it. I've used End Zone as a rinse with good success. I believe that has an encap component to that rinse.

The Clean Machine

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
If you decide to feed your pre spray through your cimex, be sure to rinse the crap out of it afterwards with hot water and possibly a light acid(non citric acid kind). Otherwise when you go to mix your next bit of encap in it, you could get some clogged jets on the cimex, or the encap may not work to its top performance.

Reactions: Jeremy N

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom