remember this guy that used to be on the board?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I remember when I first started hanging out on mb this guy used to be on here. This guy was huge advocate for the recoil portable. I was watching you tube vids today and found this one. Now don't get me wrong I keep a porty for special situations and if I was a guy like willy I would hold my head high to have a chunk of the nice high rise jobs he gets. But damn looking at the firs part of this video it looks like anyone with a tm could have had the job done bythe time he got this circus all set up and ready to clean. Not to mention he is running a generator so what it is the point? This guy used to get so pissed when mike would razz him lol. Im just confused why someone would go to such great lengths to have an inferior set up that defeats it own purpose. I also believe in our lifetime we will see industrial grade electric tm's that can compete with a 45 blower but until then can these manufacturers try and save their customers dignity and market their machines as portables and not plant this ridiculous seed that a set up like this will deliver tr tm quality results? And to be fair I am one of them, in my beginning I tried to turn a porty into something it could never be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdsFf1ifjPo

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Wasn't his name Ricky or Rick? I have not seen him on any board for a long time.

FredC

Village Idiot
Yep...that guy really needed a helmet.

Mike banned him in 09

Mikey P

Administrator
I tossed him when ripped on Jim Bethel's recently passed away father in law.
It was an honest mistake on his part but he was such a goober I just couldn't take it any more

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I tossed him when ripped on Jim Bethel's recently passed away father in law.
It was an honest mistake on his part but he was such a goober I just couldn't take it any more

Maybe bring him back...as a Christmas good deed.. maybe he needs some education still and maybe he would be open for it this time around.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
My body aches for him cleaning with the traveling circus in that minivan. That little $90-$100 apartment had to have took him close to 2 hours between running all the electrical cords , auto fill, apo,, hoses, pre scrub, and the 5 dry strokes he was taking on each pass in order to get the carpet dry. Shit if I was him it would have been easier to have just brought the damn portable inside and parked it in the kitchen and ran a single length of 50 foot hose. I don't know if ed valentine still gets on here but I would love to ask him why he promotes his units so heavily as a truckmount of sorts rather than what it is a high performance portable. Kinda seems like all the added setup of pretending to make that thing run from the van it defeats one of the main purposes of having a truckmount which is efficiency, and still doest meet the prime goal of an actual m whichis highr quality cleaning

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Kinda seems like all the added setup of pretending to make that thing run from the van it defeats one of the main purposes of having a truckmount which is efficiency, and still doest meet the prime goal of an actual m whichis highr quality cleaning

"kinda seems like", because that's exactly what it is

Why does Ed (and Mytee) do it?
cause they don't have a "real" TM to offer and there are lots of guys that are clueless in this biz

Ricky Fckinnutz was one of 'em

.L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Lee Stockwell
I sorta feel sorry for him because I'm certain half of that stuff has blown up by now...and he may be more inclined to be educated.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I'll admit it........ Larry.

When I used my porty(for WAY too long) I also thought "it" rocked...:hopeless:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
he did go to all the trouble to pre scrub the entire apartment and do 50 dry strokes for each wet stroke. This tells me that he does care to an extent about the quality of his work. Il bet if you put a good machine in that dud hand he ould be a great cleaner and notknow what to do with the rest of th day when h got off at 1m becausehe wasn't untangling extension cords and hoses for hours per day.
I have also talked to ed on the phone because I used to have a recoil. Ater watching some of eds you tube vids I don't understand whyhe doesn't market the thing as a high powered portable e would more than likely sell more if he marketed it for what it is and not what he despratley hoped it could be.

Reactions: Erik
Name
Lee Stockwell
I have the same mixed feelings for vendors of portables and OP machines...who tout them as "stand alone" cleaning systems to the exclusion of TM systems.

I think every cleaner should have a portable.
I think every cleaner should have an OP.

Each as a tool to be used ONLY when needed...and that's not every job. I haaate newbies being sold mediocracy.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'll admit it........ Larry.

When I used my porty(for WAY too long) I also thought "it" rocked...:hopeless:

what you don't know, you don't know.
I came SOOOO close to buying a Bane in the early '90s when I needed to replace a worn out TM.

Ricky's problem was...welp, varied and many:redface:

at least you had the good sense not to try to tell a bunch of seasoned veteran/journeymen here how great a porty is for 250ft hose runs ..:dejection:
we don't suffer fools gladly here :yoda:

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
We need to get some of these guys back, because their roundabout path to success would really help the newbies that come here.

Look at "Paddin' McFadden", formerly a gung ho padder until he finally saw the light.

All of us remember GOOFS we made in years past. We owe it to our industry and the new guys to steer them right.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Just another Broke Dick with a electro mount. Just like Rob Anspach he is probably on Ebay selling Dvds and books on How To Get Rich In the Carpet Cleaning Business. Just give me your credit card number and its all good.

Golden Boy

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I've been reading Shane's, Admiral's, and Jimmy's theories about board drama for years.

I am slowly finding out that they are all right.....

I was once a full time OP guy as well.

You might need your head examined if you read too many of our posts :p.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Must of been HELL for Ricky to empty his van full of equipment and then put the seats back in so he could haul his family to wal-mart.

Kind of like me I have to unload the back of my van so I can go to wal-mart and get a haul of toilet paper.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're actually using TP now? Congrats, I told you once you tried it you'd see the benefits. Hey this time when we meet up I'll shake your hand now.
:p

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh no I won't shake anybody's hand now unless I wear a sanitized glove.

Staying at that roach motel 6 down in topeka changed my whole lfe.

I had sleep standing up because the place was so ghetto.

In fact that whole town of topeka was a HELLHOLE.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom