Remember this lady?

Mikey P

Administrator
Hi Mike,

I am just calling to tell you that the job didn't go so well last Friday. I asked the guys to wear booties and offered them some but they said they had their own. When I returned at their end of their work, they were in the house with shoes on, no booties. I said something. No effort to remedy. It was hot, they were tired . So was I.

Also after they left, I lifted the large, wool, living room rug(10x12) and discovered that it was soaked. Likewise the underlayment was soaked and the cork floor beneath it was damp. I'm glad I checked or we would have most certainly had a mold issue. I don't think I should have been the one to do the checking.

I called Davis via his cell when I discovered it. He was surprised, couldn't explain it, said maybe their had been a leak, would check with his co-worker, said he was sorry.

I am 60 years old. I don't really know how I did it but I moved the wet rug out onto sheets on the patio by myself. Ditto the underlayment. The next day it was I over 80 degrees outside and it still took a solid day for them to dry. In the meantime, there was the predictable bird droppings to re-clean etc.

My husband said that I should have made your guys do the work. But I had lost faith in Davis and Eli and owing to the needs of my son and the fact that my husband was out of town, I had to deal with it myself.

I get very tired of telling people how to do their jobs. It has taken me hours to get everything out back together by myself, far exceeding the time David and Eli spent working.

I believe in treating others as I wish to be treated. But I expect others to take responsibility. Don't do so, you lose not only a regular customer but good will by word of mouth.

I consider your prices very high. Not moderate, high. I went with you because I felt that you did careful work and that you listened to my requirements.

I will not be returning to Connoisseur and I believe you should propose a re-negotiation of the final charge with me.

Hi W

I reversed $200 back to your card for the hassle of dealing with the overly wet rug.

All I can figure out is because we cleaned the smaller rugs on top of it rather than outside like the last time. According to Davis you were not too happy about the rugs being exposed to the out side deck so he tried to avoid that from happening again. We should have left a fan behind to facilitate drying.

As for the booties, but of them said the were wearing them right up till the end when they where wrapping up the tarps they put down to protect the floors. I guess they got a mixed message when they saw the house staff walking around without booties on at times. They said they did their best to walk only on the tarp or the rugs being cleaned.

It's a unique situation you have going on out there and I think the guys got a bit overwhelmed. Most of the jobs they do involve cleaning dirty to down right filthy items and it's pretty easy to be straight forward and to impress the home owner. When asked to clean already clean appearing items it really puts more pressure on to provide a service they can't really see. They're not use to just going through to motions without a return of instant gratification of seeing things come clean and the home owner being overwhelmed by how nice things came out.....I hope the makes sense..

Both Ely and Davis were pretty upset when I told them about your displeasure. They take great pride in their work and are loved by our customers.

I'd love it if you gave us another chance and I'll make sure to come out myself next time to oversee the project.

Thanks and again, my apologies for what went wrong.

Mike Pailliotet

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the compromise on the bill. I appreciate it.

I understand your message, I don't agree with many of the items but I can see that it would take a sit down to sort it out.

My complaints were not personal. I had even tipped the guys which I think its a reflection of my appreciation, especially for being caught off guard by my son's tantrum.
( that too resulted from a mis-communication and my staff not getting my txt message to delay their return home).

Anyway, thanks again and next time, I will make sure to stay there with them and discuss/supervise everything carefully in advance so that the communication cannot
possibly be misunderstood and their feelings are not hurt . (I will save this email as a ref)

Personally, I think the job here is pretty straightforward: the house is very clean and my goal is to keep it that way.

We lost Cu as a member here over her...lol

well

guess who's back...

Hi Mike,

I'd like to have Connoisseur come out to clean one chair and two indoor/outdoor utility runners that you have cleaned before at my son's house: 1******a. I'll leave his area rugs out of the equation this time.

At my house, 1*****t, I have the living room area rug, a sofa, chair and ottomon all of which you have cleaned before. Actually, to make it easier, and because Evan's items are probably pretty quick, I could easily bring his chair and two runners to my house. Then it's one stop and we don't have to schedule around his needs.

How does your schedule look? Looks like the first available days for me would be August 26th or 29th,morning always best.

thanks, W

Most of you thought I would never hear from here again..

We had to pull the original thread due to hurt feelings and ugliness.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
You should handle this job this time. Just to be sure you do not get a repeat of last time, maybe have a hidden camera for our viewing pleasure.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Maybe she will have a hidden camera for next time, & the time after, etc;

:yoda:

PS:: Get CU back, I miss his intelligent banter. :very_drunk:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Glad you got your customer back. I would prefer Les a million to one over the other choice.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i wanna read the thread, put it back up.

how could that possibly lead to someone leaving :confused:

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Derek, Mike made some insensitive remarks about a handicapped child and Jerry ( Cu) has a child with special needs and is handicapped. You never know what some of the members are going through here and stuff gets said. Even if there was no intent to hurt it happens. I think they have moved past it by now.

Reactions: GCCLee

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Mike made some insensitive remarks...
Mike "insensitive"? Surely you jest, Dave!

Steve

PS Yeah, over the years I've made different thoughtless, boneheaded remarks during a SFS seminar and gotten nailed for them on the evaluations later. Apologize sincerely, learn from it and move on...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member

Steve

PS Yeah, over the years I've made different thoughtless, boneheaded remarks during a SFS seminar and gotten nailed for them on the evaluations later. Apologize sincerely, learn from it and move on...

Those types kinda annoy me though.

In your situation or mikey, talking about people who put out 10k words in a week. To me its bull for someone to pull out 5 words out of 10k and say "i'm offended".
Good grief... :icon_rolleyes:

Reactions: FB7777 and Mikey P

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Those types kinda annoy me though.

In your situation or mikey, talking about people who put out 10k words in a week. To me its bull for someone to pull out 5 words out of 10k and say "i'm offended".
Good grief... :icon_rolleyes:
Hmmm. Your post made me do a little simple math, Shane. I speak for approximately 22 hours over three days at SFS. That is 1,320 minutes and since we speak at 120 wpm that means 158,400 words!

Steve

PS You are right- someone needs to cut me some slack! (And Mikey too since he TYPES ABOUT 158,000 WORDS PER WEEK!) :)

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Crap how about the other 50,000 words I have to listen to at night when sharing a room with you?

Hmmm. Your post made me do a little simple math, Shane. I speak for approximately 22 hours over three days at SFS. That is 1,320 minutes and since we speak at 120 wpm that means 158,400 words!

Steve

PS You are right- someone needs to cut me some slack! (And Mikey too since he TYPES ABOUT 158,000 WORDS PER WEEK!) :)

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

Steve

I've said a few things over the years that at the time I thought were totally acceptable and universally funny. I've learned how deeply words can hurt, even when no malice was intended, and have become a humbler and I hope wiser person since.

Thank you for sharing that Steve. I understand what you mean completely, and I know Mike does too.

Lars

Name
Lars
Agree, she won't be able to find a better outfit to come and clean. That type of client requires special attention.
we have several that require special effort that that one.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
That type of client requires special attention.
Yeah, we had them too. So we wanted to give our techs a heads up but it doesn't look good for the office to write on the invoice: "This lady is a WITCH!" Instead, in our company we had a code phrase, "Discriminating Client"! And if the tech saw a "D/C" on the LH top corner of the invoice it meant "Special Handling" for this %^$#@*!

Steve

PS Once in a great while we would "fire a client". But I honestly found if we hung in there and made these witches happy they would often become our biggest Cheerleaders... simply because no other company in ANY trade had pleased them.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I remember that thread and can see how someone could have gotten upset. It took a rotten turn toward the end, if I remember.

I think you handled her complaints really well Mike. Glad it turned out for you guys.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Mike had some thought's on the severely handicapped and their worth, I think most people would find offensive. Even though he apologized to Cu, I can see how Jerry would feel and completely understand the lack of absence here.

It wasn't this customer or her son that offended Cu! At least Mike owned it and apologized.

And deleted the thread!

Glad she gave you another chance!

And I would get upset if someone ragged on my kid about his job to!

Then I would kick his......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom