Remember to look both ways!

Credits
Name
Nick
Most of you probably don't know that my full time job is a locomotive engineer, and the other night at about midnight a guy drove right into the side of my locomotive. I was traveling at about 50 mph. This guy is very lucky to be alive! So please remember to observe railroad crossings and to look both ways!
14959.jpeg

Credits
Name
jim
That guy is lucky! I remember coming onto the scene of a train accident a few years back. A semi pulling a lowboy. Tractor just got over the tracks and the train t-boned the lowboy just about in the middle. Dragged it down the tracks for 100 yards before the wreck came to a stop. I remember the rail ties getting busted up like toothpicks from all the inertia...wacky!
The tractor was just sitting there on the road like nothing happened, it happened so quick it just tore the trailer right off. The driver was standing beside the truck having a smoke, shaking.

Credits
Name
Nick
That guy is lucky! I remember coming onto the scene of a train accident a few years back. A semi pulling a lowboy. Tractor just got over the tracks and the train t-boned the lowboy just about in the middle. Dragged it down the tracks for 100 yards before the wreck came to a stop. I remember the rail ties getting busted up like toothpicks from all the inertia...wacky!
The tractor was just sitting there on the road like nothing happened, it happened so quick it just tore the trailer right off. The driver was standing beside the truck having a smoke, shaking.
I actually had the same thing happen to me last year. A lady driving a semi pulled out in front of me and I tore the trailer right off. I was scared that all the gravel from the trailer was going to come through the window!
7134.jpeg
7134.jpeg
7135.jpeg
7136.jpeg

Credits
Name
Brian H
I had a situation several years ago at a RR crossing that only had a stop sign. This particular crossing was in a very rural area that had a lot of trees and bushes that hid a lot of the track. This particular line NEVER had any train traffic. I actually thought it was abandoned.

I always stopped at the stop sign and looked both ways and for years never saw a train nor any activity. One night on my way home, after having a few pops at the local saloon, I decided I was just going to run that silly stop sign. At the last second, I decided I better stop. Good thing because I would have rammed into the side of that engine as it screamed by. I would have ended up just like the truck in Nick's first picture or worse. I never thought about not stopping after that.

Latest posts