Remodeling a ninja portable

KOOSER55

I have a ninja with a 150 psi pump and 2 im guessing 2 stage vacs they say lamb elec. 119407-43 model number it think. This is a very base machine. Ive been researching online my goal is to put a 500 psi pump and 2 three vacs in it with a internal heater , and a APO anyone have any suggestions on what or where i should start i printed out the manuels of the other ninja that have the things i want and i was going to go peice by peiece and remodel it...

I'd scrap the heater idea all together. Those two 2 stage vac motors might not be able to be readily swapped out with two 3 stage replacements because of the lack of head room in the motor compartment. Also, you'll have to add another electrical cord and switch to run the 500psi pump separate from the vac motors. Just some random thoughts. Good luck.

KOOSER55

yes i knew about the cord im trying to figure out how much bigger the other vacs are but i think it will work because im upgrading it to is the same housing as mine just the internal parts are diff. why scrap the heater idea? i love the heat on my maxx 470

KOOSER55

I just browsed threw interlink store and came up with these major up grades i want to make any opinion? is this the right heater?

2 VAC MOTOR 5.7" 2 STAGE 230VAC AV012 $ 110.00 / EA $ 220.00

1 KIT PUMPTEC 500PSI PUMP SYSTEM - UPGRADE KIT NM5048 $ 760.65 / EA $ 760.65

1 HEATER 220 VOLT 1750 WATT NM5043F $ 274.46 / EA $ 274.46

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Kooser55;

We done lots of rebuilds on Century portables.

I agree with Dominick & Kevin...

I would forget the heater and get more vacuum and pump power in a hi-performance portable:

1. Two Hi-perf 3-stage vac motors (486 air watts each) or
New AirWatt Vacs (520 air watts each).

2. Hi-pressure pump w/AC motor delivering at least 1.6 GPM @ 450 PSI. High FLOW with a glided wand & angled jets is key here.

These two factors plus a functional durable rotomolded housing with 10" Wheels will give you top portable performance. 2" Vacuum Inlet is desirable for maximum air flow.

Why are choosing 220 Volt components ??

Current draw ON 115 VOLTS should be less than 15 amps on each cord to eliminate circuit breaker issues.

No Heat, all available electrical power is applied to the pump & vac systems.

Auto Pump-Out with a ShurFlo pump and filter system.
http://www.cobbcarpet.com/poutfilt.jpg

Auto-Fill System:
http://www.cobbcarpet.com/autofil.html

If heat is really required, use drop-in heaters on other electrical circuits.

Larry Cobb

Back
Top Bottom