Remodeling the disco truck killer (new pics)

Mike Draper

After a couple days of use I realized I need to move some things around to be more productive.

Before
018-1.jpg

After
0032.jpg

0022.jpg

Now I can reach HX the without getting in the truck and adjust temp when needed.
0042.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
When do you need to adjust the heat? The valve on my HX is frozen open from not touching it since I bought it.

Mike Draper

Art Kelley said:
When do you need to adjust the heat? The valve on my HX is frozen open from not touching it since I bought it.

When I pre-spray. Until I get a battery sprayer or something else. Lots of heat.

dgargan

Art I think he moved the heater because it was a PITA to light the pilot and turn it on

Jay D

Name
Jay D
The heater relocation will require you to get in the van one less time each job. Thats the only thing I like about regular vans, you don't have to get in it to get most stuff. I just bought a long wheel base van, I am hoping I like it. Wish I had the space you have and it is a nice set of wheels. 8)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mike Draper said:
[quote="Art Kelley":1zie8m77]When do you need to adjust the heat? The valve on my HX is frozen open from not touching it since I bought it.

When I pre-spray. Until I get a battery sprayer or something else. Lots of heat.[/quote:1zie8m77]

All that and you didn't get a battery sprayer? :shock:

I think I saw the kitchen sink on the other side of the fans. :|

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
now be careful of the pilot light going out on breezy days....

Thats one of my biggest complaints of little giants...

which is why i like my electronic ignition......except when then damn ignitor goes out :x :x :x :x :x :x

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Planning on going through a lot of rinse in a job? Stocking a lot of it on board.

Thats a better spot for your boiler. I use a BBQ lighter to start it and keep it turned down for prespraying, then I can crank it for cleaning.

Looks like the only think you're missing is a sink.

Mike Draper said:
After a couple days of use I realized I need to move some things around to be more productive.

Before
018-1.jpg

After
0032.jpg

0022.jpg

Now I can reach HX the without getting in the truck and adjust temp when needed.
0042.jpg

I'm the "happiest guy in the world"

8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-td_fBjS7A8]

Cameron1

dgargan said:
Art I think he moved the heater because it was a PITA to light the pilot and turn it on

Pain in the ass period.

Back in the eighties we had four steam genies that ran off twenty horse power propane Onan engines. Those things were hard to crank and fuel consuming pos. We spent more time filling the propane tanks than we did cleaning.

I'm sure things have improved since then however. Having a hundred gallon propane tank certainly helps. Here in Atlanta it would take 450.00 dollars to fill it.

Mike Draper

Before I bolted this HX next to the door. I purposely turned my truck so the wind was directly blowing into the side. I left the both doors open so the wind could blow straight through. I live right at the mouth of the canyon and it is windy as hell here every morning. In the hour it was windy and gusty, the pilot light did not blow out. It think it is tucked away in there just enough. which is what I was trying to do. somewhat amus . Like I said in the other thread, it only takes about 15-16 hp to crank a large blower and a pump. If your tm was underpowered, the TM manufacturer did a poor job designing it. :p

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Back in the eighties we had four steam genies that ran off twenty horse power propane Onan engines. Those things were hard to crank and fuel consuming pos. We spent more time filling the propane tanks than we did cleaning.
We had one of those too.

Ours actually ran very well for many many years until she got long in the tooth. Then it had carb and head build up issues, but she was worn.

Mike you did a great job on the truck, looks fantastic!

Mike Draper

Thanks Chavez. I've been thinking this thing up in my head for at least a year or more. It adds more life to the everyday carpet cleaning rhythm.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Mike,

Do You Have OCD? I wasn't trying to be a jack or all trades my trucks would look better organized but, not like that.
How many airpaths do you use on an average job?

Mike Draper

Depending on the house size, we usually use 3 fans and up. Some house we could use up to 6 if we had them.

Mike Draper

Depending on the house size, we usually use 3 fans and up. Some house we could use up to 6 if we had them.

Mike I used to run a yellow tip in my hf, but I had to get rid of it. I get much better performance from my prespray. The water was too hot after cleaning a few rooms making it not draw as good.

How do you like that zipper? I never got to demo one.

Nice set-up. Hopefully I will have a truck like that by the end of the summer. It will make me three times more productive. I could carry rugs back, keep all the neccessary tools on the truck, and look bad azz driving it around.

Good for you!!!

Mike Draper

The zipper is abd ass. I use it in many open residential houses with cut pile type carpet. Dry times are unreal with it. On an 80oz. Cut pyle nylon I can have it bone dry in 2hours 15 minutes with no fans. I'm running a 15 flow as well.

Mike Draper said:
The zipper is abd ass. I use it in many open residential houses with cut pile type carpet. Dry times are unreal with it. On an 80oz. Cut pyle nylon I can have it bone dry in 2hours 15 minutes with no fans. I'm running a 15 flow as well.

Cool. You have to form your own opinions on things. I want to try one.

Mike what do you think your fuel usage will be in the truck mpg driving around town with the van semi loaded (70 gallons of water and your tools? The truck runs on gas right?

I am only getting like 8-9 mpg in my van. Sometimes a little more and sometimes less.

Mike Draper

with it all loaded up and 200 gallons of water I am getting 8.5 mpg around town. I have only put 1 tank of gas in it to get this figure since I finished the truck. I drive like an grandpa though. :oops:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
are those the speedhut gauges. I need to replace my fuel gauge and I like the way those look.
gene

sam gm

Mike have u tried force 9 air movers or of similar type. I used to use the air paths and they work good but to me wernt very practical for residential.
The force 9s are great cause u rake and put them at the front of the room, I just hate walking all over clean raked carpet. The force 9s work great, we get good dry times and the daisy chain set up is great, use them to dry stairs also and in the summer point them in the direction that were cleaning to stay cool. Much more versitile.
looks like u could fit 3 stacked in each of those holders.

Mike Draper

GeneMiller said:
are those the speedhut gauges. I need to replace my fuel gauge and I like the way those look.
gene

Yes, they are speedhut. they are located here in salt lake city.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm tellin you....that damn thing has everything except for the kitchen sink.....oh wait. :shock:

truckmountsink1.jpg

But no battery sprayer. :|

:mrgreen:

Mike Draper

I haven't tried the force 9's. I generally do all the cleaning and drying, then come back and rake after we've removed all the fans. They look really nice. Maybe we'll buy some this fall with our restoration equipment.

Mike Draper

Brian R said:
I'm tellin you....that damn thing has everything except for the kitchen sink.....oh wait. :shock:

truckmountsink1.jpg

But no battery sprayer. :|

:mrgreen:

We'll, we are putting a small propane refrigerator in there this summer. Annnnnnnnd a battery sprayer, maybe. somewhat amus

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom