Remote control for truckmount?

Name
Lee Stockwell
In the early years of the truckmount boom, late 70s to early 80s the trade journals had ads for at least one company making a remote control for truckmounts.

Having a remote to adjust pressure, speed, or other controls would be really nice. Even a kill/start switch would be nice.

Thought again about this on the third floor...

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It can be done as seen on concrete pumping rigs but most carpet cleaners including myself are not willing to pay the extra cost to have that on the machine.

A simple remote kill switch is simple and inexpensive can be wired into almost any truckmount for under a hundred dollars. Pilot makes a few systems with up to 4 functions per remote/reciever.

Thinking about it, it would be simple to cut off pump, power to the unit, pump out -off or on, and maybe some lights in the truck with just one unit.

Now using the remote to engage ignition is completely different and I would advise against for safety reasons but again-pump on or off, pump out on or off, lights on or off, or engine or shutdown signal would be just an afternoon a remote unit and some wire.

I would just wire everything (on my systems yours might be different) "normally closed" and the is preset controls that are program able into the remote unit for this, so essentially to turn off you just hit the button and it open the circuit and cuts power.

Everything could be bought at pep boys. Now you have me thinking. Watchout! I might just do this to the rig I am doing now.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Able 1

Name
Keith
It would be cool if you could control and monitor the whole thing on your phone. Idle up/down (showing rpm),water pump on/off, waste pump out, water temp readings ect., And time frames that are able to be recorded.

Becker

Name
Becker
That could be cool, but 1/2 the guys here can not restart their machine because they can't figure out their waste tank is full. You think the avg joe CC will be able to trouble shoot a remote controlled TM?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
RC model controls could probably be easily adapted to larger actuators.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
A whole new world for hackers! Shut the machine off for fun, dink with the pressure, set the temp to melt lead - fun fun!

Name
Lee Stockwell
I seldom work solo. I did yesterday and thought about it a lot. By the time I get back and forth to the machine I've wasted a lot of time and gas.

Most new cars can be started remotely now.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I put a few remote features on my Vortex....not as easy as everyone thinks....

That being said............again......90% of cleaners are already complaining about the how difficult they think truck mounts are with safety sensors and relays and such..........so lets start adding some more sensitive wiring into the mix..........

Connor

Name
Connor
They have remote controls for water jet drain cleaners and vacuum trucks, why not truck mounts? The tech has become more and more user friendly. You can control your hvac system from your phone now, too.

I'm a jerk.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
As overpriced as most things in this industry are why not add a remote. We have no problem spending more on a TM than on our family vehicles....

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Aftermarket remote starts for both gas and diesel are plentiful and not too expensive.

While the technology do do remote temperature and pressure setpoint adjust exists, it would be pretty pricey for a TM.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom