removing salt residue

did a qoute for a tax office, anyway one room had salt residue from a fishtank spilling onto the carpet. olefin berber heavy build-up of this salt looks like water ring also, what would take care of this issue.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I cleaned up one years ago and i just flushed it with hot water. I treated it with quat for the fish smell ( in case) and it turned out fine.

gene

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Pretreat with an acid, our product would be TCU Neutralizer. Flush with a lot of water to dilute the salt and then a lot of dry passes to remove the water with the salt in it.

Either spray on an encap product like Encapuguard or use a microfiber or cotton bonnet under a 175 rotary machine with Encapuclean.

Finish with an antimicrobial deodorizer. Microban would be a good choice or Benefect.

Colin Nation

If the backing and underlay has been wet, then you might need to uplift and deal with the microbes down there as well.

But smaller amounts, just pre-spray your normal detergent and then rinse a lot. Finish with a quat disinfectant and a bit of acid rinse wouldn't go astray because the backings may get wet if they haven't been already.

DerrickH

Wouldn't you want to flush the salt and dilute it first before applying any treatments on it? Could salt react with the cleaning products and damage the carpet further? I always worry when there are known particles like salt or toner powder or other common elements on the carpet as I don't want to create a chemical change and cause further staining or damage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom