Replaced by the Rug Doctor!

diamond brian

This is embarrassing, and I know I'll take some crap for it here.

Long-time quarterly residential customer's husband bought a Rug Doctor. Sez he was watching late night TV and saw an infomercial. Sez it's the "big commercial" unit.

They were paying us $300 to clean their 3000 +/- home every 2-3 months. Decent house, but lots of Kool-Aid and paint stained carpet.

His reasoning is that with all the stains, why pay us $1200/yr. They own a restaurant and are going to clean their own carpets there.

They've used the RD twice on their carpet already, and are satisfied. Not happy with the performance T&G attachment LOL, so we'll still get to do that.

I think I'll get them back once their detergent residue accumulates to an unmanageable level, but for now my feelings are really hurt.
:cry:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a rug dr and a giant box truck. People think it is the funniest thing when I pull up to clean their carpets and I roll that out the back. Saved me so much money rather than a prochem apex or somehting like that.

CRI Approved

TimP

I recently cleaned a restaurant where the owner had a family member cleaned it previous. It had been 3 years since a bane clene machine had cleaned it. Anyways the customer was pretty well shocked to see what a real cleaning machine could do. Nuked the hell out of it with power break, rotary scrubbed and rinsed with white Lightning at 230 ATM. Only took 1 pass......anyways I had no trouble collecting as they couldn't believe their eyes.

It wont take long before the carpets get to the point where you'll be doing wonders. I see a rug doctor and other home cleaning machines as only a stop gap kinda like encap, only less effective than encap. It will only be a matter of time before they demand a restorative cleaning. And I'd sure as hell charge them for it too.

Tom Servo

diamond brian said:
Long-time quarterly residential customer's husband bought a Rug Doctor. Sez he was watching late night TV and saw an infomercial. Sez it's the "big commercial" unit.

:cry:

Steve Wahl gets another one.

steve r

I recently cleaned a restaurant where the owner had a family member cleaned it previous. It had been 3 years since a bane clene machine had cleaned it.

got go bashing dont ya.

if a restaraunt lasted three years without a cleaning id say that bane mustve done one HELL of a job. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tom, I would never work in Indiana let alone Oklahoma, give me a break !!

Life is very good here in the British Virgin Islands.

Tom Servo

BVIcarpetcleaner said:
Tom, I would never work in Indiana let alone Oklahoma, give me a break !!

Life is very good here in the British Virgin Islands.

I know Steve Wahl he lives in Fort Wayne, Indiana you are not the Steve Wahl who works for rug doctor.

randy

Name
Randy
Tom, Steve Wahl has several body doubles (like Saddam Hussein did) to prevent assassination.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
You only charge him ten cents a square foot? I thought I was low at 28 cents a foot.

steve r

its every 2 to 3 months!

got to look at what hes making in a year from one custy.

diamond brian

Actually, the house is probably 75% carpet, and half of that is covered by furniture. So, maybe 1200 sq ft actually cleaned for $.25/sq.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom