Rescue One Flood Pumper

Name
Lee Stockwell
Lot of hype in the buzzwords used. You can't patent industry standard components.

Hotrod buffs know that our roots-type blowers are used in superchargers, and have been for many decades. Nothing new here.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
It's not even a roots-type supercharger, it's a centrifugal gear-driven compressor, like a turbocharger. Just another backyard engineer that had a spare gadget to play with. Watch the demo video, and when they zoom in on the compressor, look closely. You'll see a PVC pipe fitting smeared with silicone goop pressed onto the compressor inlet. As near as I can tell, replacing the compressor costs as much or more than a standard PD blower. Other than the wow factor, I don't see the benefit. Here's a cutaway of the vortech blower they used:

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/category_browser.php?level=1&ln=SUPERCHARGERS

And the demo:

http://www.flood-pumper.com/demo_video.html

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My distributor has a used one he took in on a trade for a Everest, low hours, nice looking machine, very compact.

If you're interested I can give his number and you can talk to him about it. He asked me if I wanted it, but I have plenty of units already.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
A while back the maker asked me to be a disty for them and if I remember right it was around 10 or 12 grand.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think my distributor wanted 4-5, for the used one, I don't remember.

I know the unit is only about a year old, but I don't know the hours on it. The guy needed a machine that could also clean.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Guys:

It looks nice........... "Design" Patents can be put on anything.

Yes, these blowers are lighterweight than lobe type. The problem forseen by others who looked at these type blower is, they do not produce as much pressure (Hg) only volume (CFM). And they are aluminum. A side by side comparison, with a Hg meter would be nice. Also the wearability of the aluminum remains to be seen.

Thx,
Dale

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom