Residential Matted down carpet... what to do?

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
I cleaned some carpet the other day in a house and it was pretty matted down around the bed where they walk all the time. I stuck my fingers down in it to see what it feels like and honestly it is just like when my dogs fur gets all tangled behind his ears. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? The carpet is only a couple years old. Most of the fibers still seem to be intact, so its not all unraveled. It is a looser pile, and I think that may be what part of the problem with it is. Do share thoughts!

Name
Nate W.
I'd use a Prochem PowerGlide on it and setup a doctors appt too for the hernia's you'll get taking it in and out of the van....

Chavez on Nate's computer.....:stir:

A rotary extraction unit like Desk Jockey said will revive some of the pile.... Hopefully it's not polyester as it tends to mat/lay down in the traffic areas.... A picture would also help...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL Get something newer than the Powerglide, they are really heavy.

I think Nate lost a nut carrying his up a flight of stairs....although it could have just been a wear item. ;)

:biggrin:

steve_64

tell them to put a rug over it.

also let them know they need to vacuum it more often.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I'm with Larry, tell them that super good deal they got on the PET polyester carpet just bit them in the butt. It you get improvement at all it will look just like it did before you got there as soon as it gets walked on.

Take care,
Lisa

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Gonna speculate its some poly crap....
Doesn't matter what you use
Cause even if you do stand it back up, it'll look like chit again in less than a week

tell them to put a rug over it.
also let them know they need to vacuum it more often.

Good opportunity for you to explain why clients should adjust their furniture ever once in a while. The cheaper the carpet the more you run into this.

steve_64

Good opportunity for you to explain why clients should adjust their furniture ever once in a while. The cheaper the carpet the more you run into this.
what i run into a lot is there is no other way to arrange their furniture. a lot of small homes with small rooms around here. i recommend to many customers the use of rugs in high traffic lanes to help prevent wear.

then they often tell me they dont care they just want it clean lol. a lot of elderly folks dont want rugs since they do the vawter shuffle and will trip on them. and they wear those hard rubber shoes that last forever but tear the hek out of the carpet.

or they sit on the couch watching t.v. and twist their feet all day. had one lady laughing so hard because thats how i described what it looked like and she said thats what she does.

i then try and sell protector but they are on a tight budget and again, just want it clean.:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom