restaurant fail

I cleaned a sushi place a few nights ago. It did not turn out too good. The problem was the carpet had not been cleaned in almost a year. I believe it is olefin carpet, but did not test it. I am going back tomorrow night to reclean. The owner has another location that always cleans up great. I used 8oz flex and 8 oz powerburst in 5 qt hf no tip and rinsed with all fiber rinse...cleaned with wand. I got the impression that the carpet needed repeat applications of prespray and rinse. Anyways I told them they need to do the place once per month not every 12 months. I am going to rinse with RX-20 this time. I am going to try a different chem this time too. The carpet is only about 1.5 years old.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Your chem for the Hydro Force sounds very weak to me.

I don't think its weak at 16oz combined..

The question is: how much of the chemical ended up on the carpet (we all have mixed a hydroforce full of chem and had leftovers at the end of the job) and more importantly, how much squarefootage was presprayed with one hydroforce full?

In my opinion, it could be lack of sufficient dwell time and/or lack of prescrub.

Prescrub is huge: because you will by default have more dwell time too as you are spending time prescrubbing. So it really is a double positive to prescrub.

Last edited:
Reactions: JS41035

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do one restaurant, it has two locations. The one here in town we clean quarterly and it cleans easy with Flex. The one in Lawrence they let go and went 8-months. We had to shower feed Flex through the Cimex to bust it up.

I think we are hurting ourselves. He used to have the last guys clean it every month. He says it stays clean so long that's why he's willing to pay full residential rate. We won't do it that soiled again at regular rates. They either pay extra for letting it go that long or use us more frequently.

More frequently would make the most sense, same money but it will be better appearance without the swings.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I had to use my RX 20 with a drive block and used a white pad under, then wanded.

Worked the best in this case. I also have 2 trucks and 3 of us, so we can really tackle a lot of carpet this way when we need too.

I also have 2 RX 20's but the white pad worked best this time

Reactions: Jason del Norte
I have cleaned some nasty restaurants and never had to scrub one. It definitely look horrible when I was finished. I am going to mix flex real strong and rinse with the rx. Richard I agree. I told them next time they let it go this long it will cost them double which it still is basically.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How about a 175? You can do quite a bit of work with a 175.

Shower feed impacted areas and with a pad driver throw a pad beneath and pad over them to reduce moisture and pick up anything that's wicked.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It you don't have a Mex use a 175 and encap it with a red pad and then follow with a bonnet.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark white pad isn't doing much imo under an RX.

I can see a cimex working great. Don't own one though.

Should clarify....

Was cimex type pad....not cotton pad....Sorry. I didn't have a 175 along.

Didn't want to go more aggressive type pad(such as red pad). Carpet probably wouldn't have handled it.

Lot's of tough grease coming out of the kitchen that was just being too slow to extract.

Didn't want to over wet it either with the RE.

It's just a real weird carpet to describe. Not very good quality.

But they are happy.....

Last edited:
Name
BradFenstermaker
Daniel go with 16 oz flex in hydro force. Try give if 15 mins dwell.

Bust it with RX20 like you said.
I had a sports bar that always waited to long.

175 with all 30 diff type pads and 2000 psi with 57 flow didn't do Poo with wand!

Not all Shit holes clean the same for everyone!

Borrowed an RX20 and TaDa, it cleaned up like new Money.

Let us now how it goes.

Name
Marcus
I have cleaned some nasty restaurants and never had to scrub one. It definitely look horrible when I was finished. I am going to mix flex real strong and rinse with the rx. Richard I agree. I told them next time they let it go this long it will cost them double which it still is basically.
Heat...vacuum...rx20.... Flex. It's the right combo
Gotta have heat on resturants..kero or propane w high btu,s....
Also those Chinese restaurants are tuff..sometimes the carpet is just cheap and won't clean well...
I just cleaned one of the filthiest resturants I have cleaned in years....wasn't cleaned right since it opened..
Used heavy flex w citrus....alcaline rinse and zippered it..probably went thru...200..250 gallons of water..dumped tank 3 times...

The cap

Able 1

Name
Keith
I've always believed the longer they go between cleanings the better( I don't like working at night either:winky:) for the carpet, that is.. I mean what is a better protector for carpet then embedded grease in traffic areas? It is gross and not very sanitary, but I have been cleaning one for like 5 year now and the more frequently I clean it the crappier the traffic lane look. I never really scrub either, heat and chems IMO are more important for restaurants.. I didn't scrub this one and the grease just peels off to reveal the carpet that was totally protected for the last 6 months..LOL
[video=youtube;U9cRup1-Xco]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9cRup1-Xco[/video]

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I cleaned a sushi place a few nights ago. It did not turn out too good. The problem was the carpet had not been cleaned in almost a year. I believe it is olefin carpet, but did not test it. I am going back tomorrow night to reclean. The owner has another location that always cleans up great. I used 8oz flex and 8 oz powerburst in 5 qt hf no tip and rinsed with all fiber rinse...cleaned with wand. I got the impression that the carpet needed repeat applications of prespray and rinse. Anyways I told them they need to do the place once per month not every 12 months. I am going to rinse with RX-20 this time. I am going to try a different chem this time too. The carpet is only about 1.5 years old.

Forget the all fiber rinse, run an alkaline emulsifier or if you want one that is still acid side but has some punch while you rinse go with All Fiber Deep Clean. <---- link to product :biggrin:

Works great on trashed apartments and restaurants. I know an IICRC instructor would want to kick me in the throat for saying this, but forget the bringing the carpet back to acid state because in a restaurant it really isn't going to matter.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Lyon
burytuba.jpg

10 scoops on Enz-All,
Plus solvent. Clean monthly

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Seems counter-productive at this point, to consider any remedy other than some form of mechanical soil removal/agitation, until it is ruled out as an effective solution.

Crank your prespay up a notch and scrub that bitch down.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Restaurant success!!! I could not believe how hard it was to get this place clean. The RX-20 did an amazing job, but I had to go real slow. Still there were a few places that looked worn, but definitely much better. I will post pics if someone can explain how to.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Mark white pad isn't doing much imo under an RX.

I can see a cimex working great. Don't own one though.

Try the Blue pads from clean freak.

From the sound of this gig an being a Flex user at times.

12 Big scoops a Flex n 5-6 lil scoops Oxy.

Mix the flex in hot water first, add some cold water after mixed then add your oxy n shake like mad.

It should already be a habit to twist n shake yur HF as your pre spraying

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Name
BradFenstermaker
Glad it did better for ya. That nasty sports bar we used to do was slow go too.

Think it is just eating through layers of Gunk.

PhotoBucket is where you create a pic hosting account.

Then when your viewing a pic in PB copy and paste the link with IMG at the end

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The story with commercial jobs in general is scrub, scrub, scrub.

Flex should take out anything with a little scrubbing action.
Wasting your time/money with all these chemical concoctions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom