Restaurant HOOD & Carpet cleaning in the same night!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
We happened to do both in the same night. I have a crew that just does hood cleaning.

We finished the carpet after 4 hours. The hood guys were still working. The power washer broke. So i pulled the van around so they could use the TM as a power washer.. So for 3 hours the LG #3 kept up with hot as hell water! Here are some pics of the hood cleaning. Lets just say. I was not happy..... with the work they did on the hoods. The hoods have not been cleaned for 6 months. And that also means the restaurant employees have not cleaned the filters for 6 months either. The job could have been better, but it was a mess.

IMG_20110411_014522.jpg

IMG_20110411_014132.jpg

IMG_20110411_014112.jpg

IMG_20110411_014118.jpg

IMG_20110411_014201.jpg

IMG_20110411_014304.jpg

IMG_20110411_014247.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hood cleaning is nasty....

i got a chinese place that wants me to just "squirt" them off after its been sprayed with something....mind you hes a cheap bastard...i have been like uhhhh i dont think thats a good idea..

sure sure he says.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
truckmounts are not ideal for this type of cleaning. High PSI and flow would have given better results, but sometimes ya just have to get the job done.

I thought about getting into hood vent cleaning before I started Ace. The good thing is that it’s simpler, allot less, overhead and probably higher profit margins than carpet cleaning. The cons are It is nasty work and it would be difficult to do more than one job a night. I guess you could probably find a few random power washing jobs during the day. All things considered I’m glad I don’t have to get on a greasy roof at midnight.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Mind you.. I had never met...... these employees!!!! Imagine that I never met my own employees. But........ I dont take care of the hood cleaning operation... Besides they work at night across 2 states.. Maybe i did meet them last year who knows lmao

Name
Lee Stockwell
Joey there is so much wrong with those pix.

Don't clean filters outside letting grease/solvent down the storm drain (or any drain).

Clear plastic, not black, completely surrounding hood area, funnelled into 44gallon bagged Hefty containers.

Quartz lights to properly illuminate work area inside hood, and up stack.

Proper tools to scrape and clean surfaces.

Proper protection of nearby electrical and fire-suppression links.

more....

My boys do a lot of this work, including the airport in Nashville.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Lets just say Lee.... I was not happy at all!! The other owner (different business name) takes care of this.. When he handed the manager the bill.. I intercepted and said.. no charge. I have cancelled all jobs for them.. Untill I figure out what the hells going on. I have replaced this crew with another company.... That i am friends with. untill all issues are resolved.. This is not my area of expertise. thats why i posted these pics.. I was not proud of them I was pissed! Good thing, I'm not full owner of the other biz.. The other businesses area of expertise is moldremoval.. Not sure why they decided to take on hood cleaning.. This crew is really good a crawlspace cleanup and other things.. Even the employees said.. They didnt know what to do. And this was only there second job.. So backing up.... The employees that use to do this.. no longer work for the company. which makes me feel better, because I know other customers actually got good service

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
and to those that think i was happy about those pics before lee said something i was not.. read my first post i said i was pissed just not about what. I was waiting for someone to point the crazy crap out.

But i was extremly happy with the carpet cleaning!! Didnt post pics of it cause it was so perfect! no need to

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom