Restoration Equipment Question

RandyHilburn

We are currently using the Water Claw for our flood extraction work, but have been considering increasing our equipment options.

What size and frequency of flood work justifies the purchase of the DriEaz Rover or Xtreme Xtractor (with or without the Vacuum Pac)? I've never seen either up close, but in on the Interlink site, they appear to do the same thing. Is one product better than the other and if so, why?

Are there other extraction options we should consider?

Josh Adler

We dont own either but i have demo'd them side by side. The extreme Xtractor with the vac pack out preforms the rover hands down......

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've got two of each, the Extreme Extractor will pull more and is a good machine.

But the Rover is so much easier to maneuver, you need to try one also.

I don't think you could lose buying either, but like a wand, everyone has a personal preference.

We used a Leech for years, like a Water Claw, I don't think you have to have motorized unless you want to. We went to them for consistency in extraction.

I would still use a stand on if there were no power and not feel like I was cheating anyone.

We have Hydro-X with backpack and it works very well. We got the pack back due to the hi-rises we do. If you have a TM and dont do Hi-rises you dont need one. The water claw is the best overall/no electricity tool.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the problem I have is most people around here want the pad pulled out, I suggest subsurface extraction and they act like I am trying to pull a fast one and do a half assed job, another issue I think is its difficult to dry pad that is over cold concrete in a basement anyone else notice that?? so I pretty much just use the water claw on small jobs that the customer is paying for out of pocket and then I float the carpet

We use the water claw because it easier to manipulate around contents and also we can extract with out power.

When drying carpet over concrete it is essential to get heat to the concrete and hold it's temp considerably over the dewpoint. Given that the RH of the surface (not air) above the concrete is 100% (because its saturated) the best drying will be achieved when the temperature of the concrete is raised higher than the surface above it, thus ending the condensation of moisture on the concrete.

We have a rule on pulling pad...if we pull it we also pull the carpet. There is no discussion on that.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've never really had a difficulty drying pad over concrete in basements.

Could it have been the type of pad? Thicker vapor barrier? Pet proof pad?

Most pad dries so easily when extracted thoroughly, that it really doesn't take much extra effort.

We only pull pad if there is a reason, vapor barrier, contaminated or soured from sitting too long, expedite drying when time is of concern.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom