Restoration experts ?

jeff powell

I did a job last week. the customers floor was flooded from the washing machine. It had covered two thirds of the living- dining room. I talked with the state farm adjuster on the phone and told him the old cut and loop lylon rug would probably need replacing because of delamination. I cut out appoximately 300 sq. ft. of the 400 sq. ft. room. I loaded the old carpet and pad into the vortex. After removing the soaking pad and carpet, there was not much stading water. Not enough to extract. after cleaning and sweeping up the area, I placed two blowers and one dehumidifier in the room for three days. I told the ins. adjuster that there was also cupping in the laundry room which was v.c.t. tile. The adjuster latter told the client he would replace the tile and carpet.

Is there anyone out there who can tell me what the charge should be on a job like this. thanks. Jeff Powell

125.00 emergency fee

airmover- 27.00 per day

dehumidifer- 75.00 to 125.00 per day pending size

150.00 disposal fee carpet and pad

monitor 75.00 per day

3.50 sq yd for carpet pad removal

Josh Adler

Prices above look about right........one question......

Why didnt you extract the carpet before pulling it....

You get paid for exaction plus makes it easier on the removal........

dallasdj

You can add for deodorizer or anti-micobial considering washing machine is waste water and Cat III, at least Cat II loss...unless it was supply line rupture.

Always use HEPA filtration systems too, that's about $50-$100 apiece.

I charge for each piece of equipment decontaimination too...your estimating software should have all this.

A washing machine overflow is a cat 2 loss.
You should have extracted first, NOT because you get paid for it, but because it makes removal easier and more importantly it makes transporting safer.

How did you reach the decision that you should use 3 airmovers and 1 dehu?

How did you verify the extent of the loss and determine that it was dry?

Not trying to bust your balls, but curious if you are qualified or equipped to do this work because you had to as what to charge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom