Rev counter

Glynn

Yes, we call them rev counters in the uk. Ive heard tinytachs only work on even no of cyls.

Greenie

I've never seen a TT on a 3 cyl.

Good question for the smart guys, I'll send out a query or two.

Matt King

Tiny tachs are available for 2 cycle or 4 cycle engines. To the best of my knowledge, the number of cylinders is irrelevant.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Matt is right. The number of cylinders is irrelevant. The difference between the two types of TinyTachs is the translation of the count.

One type is for the engine that sparks on every rotation, the other type is for the engine that only sparks on the height of the compression stroke.

Engines that do not have distributors, or other devices for initiating spark every other rotation, use a "wasted spark" on the top of the exhaust stroke, in that they spark the plugs every rotation. An engine with a distributed spark only sparks the plugs at the moment of firing on the power stroke.

Most of the two cylinder engines used on TM's have a wasted spark, and therefore use the "two stroke" model, which Matt references. The three cylinder and four cylinder units on the market, generally use an actual distributor device, and therefore would use the "four stroke" model.

Greenie

So Shawn, sell Glynn a rev counter or three!

lol

We are spoiled here in the states with parts availability.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom