Reverse Camera

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Is anyone using these? I want to buy one for my box truck. It makes me a little nervous backing the thing into driveways. Any recommendations?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
don't buy one of the wireless versions

I researched them a while back, the only one I would buy had a fish eye view and was hard wired and had a lot wider view

if I wanted to go a little high tech I would get the all in one type system that had the radio, gps and back up camera all in one screen system, a little over a grand

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I got a guy that is making me a custom box the hang on the visor tray for a 7 inch screen on a back up unit.......
I will pull the center marker light off the rear of the box and mount the camera in its spot so I can cover side to side and about 5 foot back....I should have it installed in about 2 or 3 weeks........

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
All my rigs have Kenwood systems with Back up camera, GPS, Bluetooth, Sirius Sateliite Radio, ipod hook ups, CD & DVD and hook ups for external Cd, Cam and DVD.

The reverse camera is great, especially when hooking up to trailers. If you can swing the money, look at the all in one units. We have ours set to interupt on screen when you go into reverse. And the GPS system is a built in garmin system that is fantastic!

Mark Saiger

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Mark where do you purchase those kenwood systems? Whats the model # if you know.
Thanks

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hi Mike,

Just ran out to my vehicles to check out what I have. They are all Kenwoods and installed in the last 2 years. My newest version is a DNX 6140 which came with Bluetooth already installed and I believe the GPS unit. It is of course DVD and CD ready and I don't know if it came with the sirius satelite (but I think so) or if I had to ad that part. I know on the earlier versions you had to add it.

One of my pickups has a KVT512 with a tilt and hide screen. I went to www.kenwoodusa.com and started looking. I know the back up cameras are also Kenwood. I would suggest looking around to see if you have a local Kenwood dealer and installer. I just have them do it and everything was taken care of.

Here was my local dealers website/blog
http://cartunesandalarms.blogspot.com/

I see on the Kenwood site that the latest flag ship is the DNX9140. Looks like it has a lot of items and in the end saves money.

I really love these units. I first tried an Alphine system. The stereo was great, the GPS was horrible! Stay away from them. We have found that the Kenwood is dynamite!

Hope this helps. I know we really love them.

On a special useage of the system, We actually used the system during one of our parades. We used it to pump music out of a set of speakers we had mounted on the van for the day. We hooked up the wifes iphone and pumped out "splish splash I was takin a bath" . At the same time we had a bunch of battery powered bubble machines and big dolphin and exotic fish balloons also mounted on all the rigs. I am telling you, it was a huge hit. I had a bunch of other tunes related to cleaning and ect, but the Splish Splash tune just couldn't be beat, so we kept repeating it. Seeing the crowd jam with you and popping bubbles was priceless. Besides throwing candy along the route as well, it was so cool to even see little old ladies in walkers chasing bubbles to pop them as well as the little kids. We actually won the parade and the hearts of our community.

Have a great one!

Mark Saiger

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
mwall2230 said:
Mark where do you purchase those kenwood systems? Whats the model # if you know.
Thanks

Hey Mike, call a friend of mine in Brandon if you need to see about getting one. His name is Norsky and his number is 813-238-8468. He should be able to get one and install it for you.

Bryan

Bruce Parsons

If you have a Sam's club anywhere near you, I would look at what they got. I was in one the other day, and they had a bunch of them with large screens for only 75 bucks! and that included hard wiring and night vision etc...

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I ended up buying a cheep wireless camara from Sams. The crazy thing is I keep picking up signals from wireless security cameras all over town :shock: . I haven’t seen anything exciting yet.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have just had to many things going on to go get mine set up....maybe next week....

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I don’t really mind the random images. It has an odd voyeuristic quality :lol: .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom