Revised Sales Person Duties

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Sales Person Duties & Goals

Prior to Calling on Your First Prospect
Memorizing & understand the benefits of having commercial carpet cleaned.
Learning to properly call on & mail to prospects.
Be able to give an explanation of our sales strategy & target market.
Be able to explain why we do things the way we do.
Read & understand all work instructions associated with your position.
Understand that all goals are minimum standards for success & failure to meet them can be cause for termination.

1-3 months: Sales Goals
1 new contract customer in the first month. Any annual sales value or service is acceptable.
In the second month, 2 new contract customers valued over $500 per service. Carpet cleaning is the focus, but any service is acceptable.
In the 3rd month 3 new customers & 1 additional contract customer. Any 2 of the services must be carpet cleaning.

4-6 Months: Sales Goals
In the 4th & 5th month : A total of 4 new customers 3 of which must be carpet cleaning customers with a annual sales value of $3000 or more each.
At least one customer with 4 or more locations. Minimum of $300 per service.
By the end of the 6th Month, 2 or more new customers that have a services valued at $1000 or more.
At the end of the sixth month, your hourly wage is forfeited.

7-9 Months: Sales Goals
Every month from the seventh month to the ninth month, a new sales goal of:
$4000.00 per month.
25% ($1000) Contracted for no less than 2 services per year.
2. Start training in Job Costing , Preparation of Proposals & Service Agreements.

10-12 Months: Sales Goals
$5000 in new commercial sales monthly, as described below:
25% ($1250) contracted for no less than 2 services per year.
Any mix of services is acceptable. However 60% or more of this figure should be carpet cleaning or burnishing.
Any one single service should be valued at $1000 or more.
2. Be able to assume job costing, service agreement & proposal preparation.

Second Year:
Every 3 months, your new sales goal increases by $1000 per month ($6000 per month the 15 month mark, $9000 at the 24 month mark)

Compensation
State Minimum Hourly Wage in addition to a 10% share of the profit of the first service provided to a new customer you have personally sold the service to. At the end of the sixth month, your hourly wage is forfeited in lieu of a higher bonus potential.

A 5% share in profits on all service agreements you have personally sold to a new customer. This bonus does not apply to or increase the initial service share as you already have a higher profit share rate on that service.

Incentive Bonus System
For every contract valued at $12,000 or more in a years time, you receive a $100 bonus.

After your 6th month, every month you exceed your sales goal you get an additional 5% bonus for the month to be paid after the invoices are paid in full.

Residual Bonus & profit shares are paid for a term of no more than 18 months per customer. Bonus & profit share also terminate with your employment.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Offer still holds Jeremy~ looks a lot cleaner, though I still have no idea if someone could understand how much they will make doing this. I would think that to get even a moderately competent salesperson they will need to see the potential of first year income of a minimum of 40- 50k (more if benefits are not included, less if part time).

Suggestion- put the disclaimer (the part about where they lose their job if no comply) part of the first section as a header not as part of the first section.

Ken

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
1) Are you prepared for the possible paperwork nightmare that a pay scale like this can have?
Yes...

2) Have you already developed a system to track it and produce figures easily ?
Almost done.

3) The $100 bonus for anything over 12k, is ontop of their % of profit share.

That is why it's called a bonus...LOL

What made you decide to do profit sharing instead of ticket total. What if your profit margins are only 20-30% or even less?

Two things actually...
1)It encourages him to look for more profitable work.... The cherry accounts.
2)It controls my costs to a certain extent while preventing him from underbidding a job & expecting to be paid for it.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Jeremy, how's this working out.

I got this young man come to me this afternoon while working on the van. He was going door to door looking to book estimates for a contractor company. I asked if he is available for some part time work and said yes. Even after we talked he was still trying to book the estimate which impressed me even more.

What do I do with this guy. I'm sure he would work a few days to start out.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom