Right hand carpal tunnel

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
After 15 years squeezing the trigger, my right hand has carpal tunnel. Is there any thing besides surgery for this. It is okay for day to day but acts up when I am on a 3-5 hr commercial job.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wanding is like masturbation...use your left hand sometimes so it feels like someone else is doing it.

R

rotovacguy

Lyman, I learned a good exercise that really helps with carpal tunnel symptoms.

I drove truck for 15 years, and you might be surprised at how many truckers have "ct" due to the same way they grab the shifter. Carpet cleaners are probably pretty high on the list, too, with the amount of repetitive motion involving the wrist(s).

Basically, you put your arm at a comfortable angle and point your fingers straight out. Then you place the tips of the fingers you have extended and place them against the palm of your other hand. Bend them back while keeping them STRAIGHT. What you are trying to achieve is a 90 degree angle (or as close as you can comfortably get to 90). Allow your wrist to bend, too. Hold that position and slowly count to 10. Do it several times for each hand. My doctor told me about this simple exercise some years ago, and I have not ever had any wrist problems.

R

rassas

I had surgery on both wrists. It is worth it. If you wait to long you will loose the muscle in you lower hand and it never comes back. causes alot of problems later in life belive me it has happened to my right hand. waited to long. left hand is a lot stroger than my right becase I didn't wait. Surgery is a piece of cake. be back to work in three weeks

Name
steve snail
What rotovac guy says.

Stretch it out! Also, massage the palm of your hand with the thumb of the other.

yoga for the rest of your body.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have it in both hands. I was told by my doctor to find a new profession. I got the Blueline ergo wand. I switch tools - RDM, rotovac, wand.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
This is contrary to all accepted truth on the boards nowdays but DUMP your 2 " wand. Yes thats what I said, go back to a 1.5" wand. My hands started hurting with the 2" wand so I went back to the 1.5 and now a lot less pain. It may not help your carpal but it might. I want to keep cleaning so I made a choice. :roll:

Al

I have it in both hands. I was told by my doctor to find a new profession. I got the Blueline ergo wand. I switch tools - RDM, rotovac, wand.

I'd tell him to find a new profession :lol:

! had it in both hands 18 years ago, from fishing and it was bad, kept me up at night. That's a couple of years before I ever swung a wand, had the surgery in both and never had a problem since.

8)

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have had it for years from playing guitar. The brace and the stretching excercise helps alot but mine has gotten too far. Im glad to hear that the surgery is a peice of cake.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jay DeLaughter said:
This is contrary to all accepted truth on the boards nowdays but DUMP your 2 " wand. Yes thats what I said, go back to a 1.5" wand. My hands started hurting with the 2" wand so I went back to the 1.5 and now a lot less pain. It may not help your carpal but it might. I want to keep cleaning so I made a choice. :roll:

why not get the 2" modified with the pressure washer handle???

so where exactly is this pain????? my wrist has been hurting latly, straight down from the thumb on the side of my wrist..

it hurts to bend it back, in fact i cant go a full 90 degrees on a good day, but when it hurts i am lucky to bend it 45 before it puts me on my knees.....and twisting to take the hose off or on, to suck up crumbs, damn near puts me in tears...is this carple?? or something else

Name
steve snail
Studebaker said:
Why don't you demo a stryker from sapphire for a week. See if it helps

I demo'd one a while back for a coulple of days and was using it side by side on the same carpet with my greenhorn. Found the Strykler to be a bit light for me. Seemed to need downward fource albiet on the wand handle that is made for just that. Have to believe the greenhorn is more usuer freindly. For me, Greenhorn...handsdown!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'll catch hell for this but my hands never really hurt from Cleaning...my elbow (inside pit) used to kill me ..tennis elbow right? My chiroprator fixed that and my shoulder.

Now my left pinky (shut up Harper) is going numb...from being on the computer all day is my guess.

Go figure.

dgargan

I put up with it for years before I had the surgery . Itried different tools therapy and nothing helped. After I had it cut it was much better but by then the muscles were damaged. If it's not too late get the operation it's quick and easy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom