Right pick up to tow enclosed trailor

Name
Lyon
Never owner a pick up, have to replace my personal vehicle and van and truck mount soon.

Budget under $15,000 for the truck, preferably a toyota, 4wd or 2wd?

V6 or 8?

Enclosed trailor large enough to stand in, maybe 2 axel, with 370ss Sapphire

Will use truck for personal use and business, instead or 2 payments

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Lyon
Helper half the time, forgot that my buddy that lives down the street, always has a helper and they get 60 cents a sqft with an open trailor with a 13hp unit little giant and small pick up.

Thanks Mike, guess I'll just buy a cheap car, and look for a diesel box van for my biz

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Nate W.
Drive it also. The bouncing gets old.

You need to learn when to change positions....:lol:

I was looking into a small enclosed trailer for a cheap price... I've seen another local company with a TM on a open trailer probably for a backup unit or use when they needed more TM's on a job...

It wouldn't be a daily towing unit, more as a back up unit for me...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
To answer your question, get a Ford or Dodge V8 truck, and prepare to dump the water tank and depend solely on your customer supplying the water. Pulling a trailer with a water tank is something that will kill the brakes and tires and transmission on a truck. I've been pulling a trailer for 15years and I've averaged about 3times/year to have a problem finding water hookup. That's not worth sacrificing your truck on wear.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
And if all you have is a sapphire, then get a 6X12 single axle trailer. With a double axle, you'll go through tires twice as fast

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Get a van....you will hate a trailer....

Box truck...not sure you need it right now with the services you are offering....

Van might be the correct thing for you in my opinion....

roro

Name
Ross Craig
As you say that you want to be able to use the vehicle for personal use do you really want a stinky truckmount in with you. Trailer may well be best option for you if you can just afford the one vehicle.
roro

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Truckmount in a van, the only way to go. You have a truckmount in a van now? You will want it back after working out of a trailer for a week.

Fix whatever is wrong with your personal vehicle. Keep it until the newer truckmount brings you great fortune.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have used a Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra, Dodge Ram 1500 & a Toyota Tacoma to pull to different trailer/TM combos - HM Spitfire 3.2 in a 5x8 - HM Boxxer 421 in a 6x10. I didn't feel that the Tacoma was up to the task, but all the other trucks were great.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
The Tacoma pulled the trailers, I was just very aware I was towing a trailer at all times. I added electric brakes to the trailer when I was driving the Tacoma, which helped it feel more stable.

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
Honestly a trailer is a pain in the arse. I used one for duct cleaning . You get tired of the bouncing and reversing. If you are in town it's a pain. Honestly a van or box truck is the way to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom