Rinse jug over filling

Name
Swani
On my Everest 650 when I started working today my rinse jug was half full. When I finished it was full of water and overflowing. I have been having some issues with my chemical injection and plan to rebuild my pump, but this is a firs for me.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
See if you have chemical in your water box.

If so, check your chemical pump diaphragm. You should also check the inlet check valve on your chemical pump.

If the diaphragm is good, look at the check valve at the point where your chemical is introduced in the pressure system.

Is the water filling your jug hot or cold?

Cold: Water is coming from your pump through the ruptured diaphragm.

Hot: Water is coming from the outlet check valve.

Last edited:

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Im glad I ditched all my chemical pumps. Straight water rinse for me. Took me many years of tinkering with losing prime, diaphrams wearing, leaks. I would actually order a TM without chem injection if available. Any extra deodorizer or chems are right in the bucket in a 32oz spray bottle. I keep my jug filled with water, chem selector OFF, and I do not miss all that BS with trying to keep it maintained and funtioning properly.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Im glad I ditched all my chemical pumps. Straight water rinse for me. Took me many years of tinkering with losing prime, diaphrams wearing, leaks. I would actually order a TM without chem injection if available. Any extra deodorizer or chems are right in the bucket in a 32oz spray bottle. I keep my jug filled with water, chem selector OFF, and I do not miss all that BS with trying to keep it maintained and funtioning properly.

I'm fairly convinced that the clear water rinse system of cleaning was born of necessity, and potential benefits came about coincidentally, not intentionally.

Last step chemical injection (or fresh water rinsing) is necessary for most heat exchange units, but surely has so many potential failure points to create a lot of frustration.

When I look at the parts needed and service calls we receive on our units with last step injection versus the simpler system used on the El Diablo truck mount, I'm finding myself less thrilled with them than I had been in my younger days.

Name
Swani
See if you have chemical in your water box.

If so, check your chemical pump diaphragm. You should also check the inlet check valve on your chemical pump.

If the diaphragm is good, look at the check valve at the point where your chemical is introduced in the pressure system.

Is the water filling your jug hot or cold?

Cold: Water is coming from your pump through the ruptured diaphragm.

Hot: Water is coming from the outlet check valve.
Thank you, Jim! I'll run it today and do some testing. I didn't even think to see if the water was warm or cold. Much appreciated

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
On my Everest 650 when I started working today my rinse jug was half full. When I finished it was full of water and overflowing.
Is the little check valve on the end of the feed tube in the chem jug a possible issue?

I'm fairly convinced that the clear water rinse system of cleaning was born of necessity, and potential benefits came about coincidentally, not intentionally.
Splained to me that manufacturers couldn't get proper chemical feed when carpet cleaners started doing 1,000 psi tile cleaning, and the first era of goofy cleaning chem science damaged the heat exchangers and pumps.

If you don't need to blow out grout or are willing to use a sprayer to apply your hot (goofy chem science) mix, you could probably use old-style injection just fine.

Name
Swani
Is the little check valve on the end of the feed tube in the chem jug a possible issue?
To be honest I didn't know there was a check valve on the end of the feed tube. I thought there was only check valves in the pump. On my other machine the end of the feed tube has a screen, but no check valve.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
To be honest I didn't know there was a check valve on the end of the feed tube. I thought there was only check valves in the pump. On my other machine the end of the feed tube has a screen, but no check valve.

There isn't on Prochem Everests Nick. You should just have a strainer.

Other machines do have such devices, and should be checked when a problem such as yours occurs.

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
This diaphragm has seen better days. This pump could have gotten knocked up.🙃 All the o-rings were in equal shape also jamming up the check valves. 20230418_190925.jpg
20230418_182553.jpg

Name
Swani
I tried to swap out pumps from my Boxxer to my Everest and it didn't work. I thought the pumps were interchangeable? Odds are that maybe the lines and everything else need to be replaced as well, but for future reference are the pumps interchangeable?
20230425_155813.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I tried to swap out pumps from my Boxxer to my Everest and it didn't work. I thought the pumps were interchangeable? Odds are that maybe the lines and everything else need to be replaced as well, but for future reference are the pumps interchangeable?
View attachment 122127
No the make a diaphragm and new check valves for the one that came off the everest

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
No the make a diaphragm and new check valves for the one that came off the everest
Thank-you, Sam! I'm in the process of ordering parts to rebuild. It takes a little internet work to cross reference the parts. I'd order from Jon Don, but they mark up the pump alone $100 more than everyone else.

I hope you're getting some new accounts in your neterritory, and that your new home is awesome.

Reactions: SamIam

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Be very careful when putting that back together. It's made out of stainless steel and if you damage the threads you are done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom