Rinse?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
After cleaning does anyone just SPRAY on all fiber rinse or fab set? I have been told to just make sure that your chemical rinses well, and it doesnt really matter about the PH being a little alkaline.

My supplier insist that the PH must be brought back to neural by spraying on fab set or all fiber rinse, and backs it up with IICRC standards i guess. I'm confused in this area.

Thanks,
Nick!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I normally rinse with an acid rinse, but sometimes, on trashy rentals, I'll use an alkaline detergent. I never spray an acid after using the detergent.

Your supplier is just wanting you to buy more stuff.

And, you'll just be wetting an already extracted carpet.

Scott Hayward

Nick,

No...I don't spray on anything else unless it is a carpet guard that earns me money. It will cost you time and money to neutralize it with some spray on fru fru juice. If leaving it neutral is a concern than look at using a rinse that neutralizes over time, is already close to neutral, is acidic, or just rinse with water. There are some decent rinses that are close to neutral and water works just fine as well.

I have used alkaline rinses, water, and acidic rinses. I have never received a complaint on the type of rinse used. I do not use a rinse that will leave the carpet stiff though. People just want their carpet clean in a safe manner and leaving it soft helps. If you took a poll, I bet the majority of cleaners still leave the carpet on the alkaline side.

Scott

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I do clean alot of wool mostly. Sometimes I will give it a little fab set spray. Also work well for fringes and is also an accelerator. It is always good to have in your arsenal .Both products are great products.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i use fab set. as a spray after cleaning, doesnt take much to bring it back to neutral. i have noticed that on carpets that i dont mist fab on tend to get dirty quicker. dont understand that. i use traffic slam and power point most of the time. and fab after to bring it back to neutral.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
What happens if you seal a carpet or protect where the pH is to high. you have defeated the purpose . I also protect 95 % of my goods . If my pH levels were to high it is no good. It should be in the neutral range to form a molecular bond. It is always good to bring the fiber back to neutral.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm an IICRC Instructor and serve on the S100 Standards Committee.

I can't find anywhere in those standards that say you must neutralize with an acid rinse.

There are times it makes sense (wool that has a high pH residue) or if there is a yellowing or browning issue. Otherwise, just leaving as little residue as possible is usually sufficient.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
There is no reasonable way to determine whether a simple post spray is going to leave the fiber at a favorable pH. You are much better off utilizing a rinse that itself is a favorable or target pH, so that the process actually is threefold. That being dilution, neutralization, and removal/extraction of the detrimental acid/alkali state.

The source reference I use is the accepted pH study by Dr. Al Luedke, that pertains to this very subject.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Those of you who use this Fab set mindset are Bridgepoint brainwashed.

Attending classes thru the years has made you vulnerable to their way of selling.

And by doing a acid misting you are adding a needless residue to carpet.

And I'm sure by offering it to your customers you are charging for this fear tactic.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am set up with 2 rinses....a acid rinse ....and a emulsifier .........each one does have it's place........I tried what others said and went to just a water rinse but I could tell it was not as good as using a good rinse............

as far as fab set.............I am NOT a Bridge-point/Interlink supporter at all....
but, there is a place for fab set........it is a good product...and I always have it on my truck.......

leesenter

DFC105 is the best rinse agent available. It cleans as well. It breaks down organic compounds left in the carpet. Dries to a salt.
Try it, you'll be amazed.

Scott Hayward

The problem with the DFC 105 is they want you to mix it 1 gallon to 4 which can be costly. The Planet Guard Rinse is the same way, although I diluted it to 3 cups to 5 gallons and still got great results.

Lee, do you mix it 1 gallon to 4 gallons?

Scott

Greenie

Rinse your carpet with a 8-9pH emulsifier, extract it well to the point it will be dry in an hour or so without forced air, just normal drying, then go back 7 days later and re-wet with distilled water and pH test.

Tell me what you find.

I never found a need to post spray any acid of any type on a synthetic. And never noticed a protector take any better or worse based upon pH.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Interesting. I will do that test on my own carpet this week. Thanks.

I use End Zone as a rinse and get great results on nice res, but it just doesnt clean like dry slurry. I may try one of the other product mentioned. I just dont want to have someones carpet resoil quick, so if spraying on fab set works best I'll do that.

I will try the test though.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Stephen for fringe. I use boost all -buff all fine fabric. brush through and extract and spray some fab -set on fringes lets them dry nice and soft. This is what works best for me . I know you can also use a browning treatment on fringes as well. I have not needed that yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom