Road Trip to SummerFest - Webcam

Billy

Name
BH
Re: Road Trip to SummerFest

Hi Mark y'all have a Safe Trip & tell Andrechelle we said Hi

Thanks!

Offline last night due to poor internet connection. We will be back on the road in a little bit.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Hey Mark is your route going to take you through Topeka?

Do you have time for a bite to eat if you pass by on I-70?
I'll buy.

That would be great but we are probably not headed that way. Thanks for the offer! Hope to see you again at SF or Connections

Projected route

[iframe:1n4yl3fu]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Madison,+OH&daddr=38.6157558,-90.0879487+to:SLC,+Salt+Lake+City,+UT&hl=en&geocode=FZtgfQIdJUcr-ykpPc7VLIUxiDHLWA-zbwRC1w%3BFcs6TQId9F2h-iktZZvIiKzYhzE5qtpRYRg_DA%3BFbxWbgIdf09T-SkB5tfc3fNShzHF1P7l83Jygw&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=4&via=1&sll=41.244772,-96.503906&sspn=30.880678,68.291016&ie=UTF8&z=4[/iframe:1n4yl3fu]

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Doc Holliday said:
I see, I'd avoid western Kansas too.

Nothing out there, not even people. :mrgreen:

Have a safe trip!

LOL. I was going to say it looks like he is avoiding Kansas like the plague. :lol:

I guess he could always meet up with Dave Yoakum. :shock:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington

I see that your destination is the Salt Lake City airport. If your true goal is John's place or the hotel in Orem, You would actually be a few miles closer to stay right on I-70 until it meets I-15 in Utah and then head north.

The final part of the trip through western Colorado and Utah would be very nice. Not sure about the treck through Kansas.

Of course, you may have other reasons for seledting the route other than simply shortest mileage or time. And the differenc eowul only work out to a few miles.

Name
Shawn Forsythe

Doc Holliday said:
Hey Mark is your route going to take you through Topeka?

Do you have time for a bite to eat if you pass by on I-70?
I'll buy.

Look at that. He went right past yor exit. LOL
33112yd.jpg

I think they are heading to Jimmy's place.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

LOL that's funny you caught that!

He's on I-29 over by Legends just outside KC not far though about 50-minutes.

Afraid he's headed into a storm. We've had some heavy rain and some hail along the I-70 corridor.

KCWeather.jpg

John Watson

Hey Markie, youse guys gits a new ride yet or ya still prayin on the old one??? Who ya gots stuffed in the back seat this year?????

Safe Driven to ya both, If you gits a chance take a tour at Temple Square, The acustics in the Tabernacal are something else..

Al

Hey Markie, youse guys gits a new ride yet or ya still prayin on the old one??? Who ya gots stuffed in the back seat this year?????

They got a sweet RV!
Congrats on reaching that goal!!!

and thanks for taking us along for the trip!

8)

Like Al said, after we had to leave the poor Saturn behind on our last adventure, we picked up an RV
91-35foot-class-a.gif

Got a camp spot in Auburn NE for the night. We chose this route for couple reason, mostly because Andrechelle used to live here in Auburn. We have driven on 70 through Colorado and Utah the last few years on the way to Connections (awesome drive). Also didnt want to take the new (to us) RV on those steep grades (yet).

Not goin to airport, just put up a quick map ;)

Thanks for riding along with us.

45466_1487048948929_1615098565_1198181_4100480_n.jpg

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar

Heck of a lot better then old Dodge from 03,lol...

You guy's went very far since then,alas some ahem have fallen...

But so very proud of you both you made it and I for won cheer big time for you...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

id avoid western WY...you think there is nothing in W KAN...wyoming has that plus hell with it...(and windy)

So far its been a great trip. Shared a pizza for dinner with EricV in Grand Island. Then stopped at Buffalo Bills Ranch for the night in North Platte NE.

We should arrive in Salt Lake on Monday/Tues.

Thanks again for riding along.

steve g

Name
steve garrett

scottw said:
I see that your destination is the Salt Lake City airport. If your true goal is John's place or the hotel in Orem, You would actually be a few miles closer to stay right on I-70 until it meets I-15 in Utah and then head north.

The final part of the trip through western Colorado and Utah would be very nice. Not sure about the treck through Kansas.

Of course, you may have other reasons for seledting the route other than simply shortest mileage or time. And the differenc eowul only work out to a few miles.

I 80 is the easier route with motorhome, if you go I 70 its best to get off in green river and come down spanish fork canyon, if you take I 70 clear to I 15 that takes you way out of the way.

John Watson

Hot Damn, Nice lookin rig, Surprized you don't have 8-10 riders in that there bus mobile.... Sorta surprized you aint a towin the saturn just fer ol time sake.

Youse two have fun and be safe...

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
steve g said:
scottw said:

I 80 is the easier route with motorhome, if you go I 70 its best to get off in green river and come down spanish fork canyon, if you take I 70 clear to I 15 that takes you way out of the way.

Exactly what I was thinking. Its another 6-8 hours driving trying to come up that way. Mark and Andrechelle are about 3 hours east of me in Ohio. I-80 is the easiest, UNLESS its during the winter. Because through Wyoming they close 80 a lot because of the high winds and snow drifting.

Anyways, see you guys soon!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mikey P said:

The Commercial Carpet Maintenance Tech class being taught by Dennis Klager is finishing today. Then the group will be coming over for a tour of the production facilities and lab at Bridgepoint. A nice dinner tonight. No vegetarian food in sight.

Tomorrow includes a spotting contest and an awards dinner. I think all the details are on the summefest website.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom