Roll Call for Connections/Vegas next month!

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm interested in who may want to get together for a MB dinner party..

1.Me
2.John Olsen and SO
3. Lockhart
4. Ken's spleen
5. Torrey
6.Joe Appleby
7.Cobb & Ray
8.who else?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
awww damnit Keith, you were an awesome person (cant call what we saw people lol) watcher...

that was a good time...

we going back??? take like 15 of us this time?? :rockon::rockon:

Mikey P

Administrator
..damn. ..if I didn't HAVE to go I think I would skip my first and quite possibly the last Connections.

Maybe I'll crash the *** party.

FredC

Village Idiot
i-made-you-a-cookie-but-i-eated-it.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jimmys house of ribs????

no no.....ribs are to messy....

uhhh

some where that cuts your meat to the cut you like, right in front of you??? :rockon::rockon:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm gonna be in Vegas visiting family 30,31, and 1st.

turning a whopping 50.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
..damn. ..if I didn't HAVE to go I think I would skip my first and quite possibly the last Connections.
Since Connections ended last year, I guess you've already missed it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Wednesday night would probably be best,

since ProChem event is Thursday night:

"The Prochem / EXPERIENCE Party – Reception, Entertainment, Food and Drinks with Live Music (featuring the Paul Glover Band).
A great time to network and meet new friends or just relax and connect with old friends.
This party is sponsored by Prochem and everyone is invited. NO TICKETS NECESSARY! "

We are exhibiting in Booth #633 (to the right from the Budweiser booth . . . where most of you will be)

Larry

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
The more sophisticated pallets will eat at the Wynn on thursday night.

We'll eat at White Castle in our sweat pants on Wednesday

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I was thinking the same thing about the prochem party...way too loud and uncomfortable for any type of networking/conversing.

The Wynn was not real impressive the last time I went there (a few months ago) with family from the other side of the world..

I may come to vegas for one day...since its only about 3.5 hours drive. But truly the last 3 connections I came away with nothing other than web addresses and phone numbers to sign up for this and that and the other thing.......- if I really wana know what the speakers are talking about...

Last edited:
Reactions: BLewis

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
In other words, please describe The World's Greatest Carpet Cleaning Convention...
The perfect show would have a tradeshow that had buy-in from the majority of industry suppliers, manufacturers and vendors. One they would make a point of using to showcase their latest and greatest products. It would have "no-sales" seminars that stood on their own (you'd pay to attend even without the tradeshow) given by people that may each bring one nugget of information that makes it worth the trip.

Use the tradeshow/membership income to defray the cost of the seminars to keep the cost down. (Surfaces does it this way.) It would be run by professionals that would find the best rates at the best venues and know the latest tricks to make attending more enjoyable.

Nothing wrong with smaller, more directed events like MF or the CFI conference. Not everyone wants a big bash, not everyone can get away at a particular time.

PS: The reason so many events are held in Vegas is because it's NOT expensive compared to comparable cities. There are direct, low-cost flights from everywhere, the hotel rates are better than almost anywhere else that has decent weather, and there's a lot to see and do that won't cost much at all. The city is only expensive if you gamble or do something that would be expensive anywhere. Although it will travel to different venues in the future, the kickoff IICRCA bash will be held next year in Vegas.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom