Rolltop doors on the VATS

Mikey P

Administrator
How often are you owners having to mess with the counter balance bar, springs and pulleys?

feels like twice a year for a while now (or since the f'n door slamming chimps took over) I've been having to loosen my whole system up and start from scratch.

PITA

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Mikey, had to totally reset mine when I bought it used. Last est about a year then I seen the helper letting it slam down with some help with a little push, then had to reset. Now we actually turn the handle and close her slowly and no proble
S for past couple years. On the other hand I think my back doors are going to rot off in the next year, has anyone ever replaced or priced out replacement back doors?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Spray the spring and rollers with some lube every couple of months. They won't have to pull so hard to get it going down and your springs will last a little longer. I used to intsall and repair doors for almost 2 years and a litte lube on the doors would take care of a lot of the problems. We used Zep 45 nc with teflon. The stuff stinks but it works great.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
At $30.00 a can for the private label valve conditioner, I think I may give this a try. I think Jim & MIke have a grease fitting on theirs, like my 6008.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Erik said:
Alfalfa said:
When the garage door guy would maintenance our doors he would use LPS2. We buy it from Grainger and just call him for repairs now.

http://www.lpslabs.com/product_pg/lubri ... /LPS2.html

Will this work for the heat exchanger valve on a 777? If not any suggestions.

This reminds me, I have sprayed my valve twice this YEAR - only because I saw the spray in my garage and decided to use it. I have never had a problem with it opening/closing. I do clean it thoroughly once a year.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Will this work for the heat exchanger valve on a 777? If not any suggestions.
Erik I'm not sure we just use it on the garage doors. Look through there line, they have an extensive line maybe they something better for that?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Always carry 2 REAL vise-grips on the truck. If a spring breaks or cable jumps you can put them on the track and hold up the door and finish the days work. That is if you can lift it.

If you keep them lubed and change the spring every few years before it breaks on you it will out last the truck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom