Ron L I need some before/after photos and info on saltillo

What products do you use for best results (stripper, cleaner, sealer, and finish)?

The lady wants me to clean the floor. It needs to be stripped. In the past I feel I may have left the stripper on too long. She also doesn't want a high gloss shine. She wants the floor to have a natural look.

Name
Ron lippold
the high gloss is the way its supose to look. If that kinda floors is not finished it will look like crap in fast.

I use ultra chem labs concrete finish. Any stripper will work but i use 707 from well i cant remember the name , i have to wake up.

I have lots of pictures on a facebook page look up You're the boss carpet and tile cleaning. If you need more let me know.
e45f6a1a.jpg

96efbb8e.jpg

this floor was over 35 yrs old

-JB-

Name
JB
go find a comfy chair and call him, he'll tell ya how easy it is

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Ron knows his stuff and I'm sure he'll tell you to test the stripper before bidding.

Think about all the crap that the homeowner may have put on that saltillo in the last 35 years.

Albert

Re: Ron L I need some before/after photos and info on saltil

I tried explaining to this lady that the floor was supposed to have a natural wet look, and that the finish would add extra protection. She is adamant about the floor not having any shine. I decided to pass on this job and told her I would be more than glad to clean, seal, and finish the floor for her and do the job right. I am cleaning some area rugs for her Wednesday. She may change her mind.

I have one of those stiff nylon brushes. Do you lean the 175 on its side to get in the grout?

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Ron L I need some before/after photos and info on saltil

A low shine floor finish would make her happy and protect the floor as much as what Ron uses.

Unless you use a Lacquer finish, liquids will still penetrate and possibly stain.

but a jackhammer will be needed to get it off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom