Ron Toney Classes

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Has anyone taken Ron Toney's UFT or RRT classes? And if so, did you get value from it? I'm looking at classes for some of our techs this winter and he is somewhat close to us.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Has anyone taken Ron Toney's UFT or RRT classes? And if so, did you get value from it? I'm looking at classes for some of our techs this winter and he is somewhat close to us.

Ron is a genius. You will definitely enjoy Ron's class. Whenever I have chance I sit in on Ron's teachings.

Reactions: Joe Appleby

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

Joe;

Ron does a very good class on upholstery cleaning.

He has developed popular tools specifically for upholstery cleaning.

I have not sat thru his Repair class, but I think it would be good also.

Larry

P.S. I was impressed by Shawn Bisaillon's short course upholstery course in Las Vegas

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I was a kid at the time. It was 1975 and my uncle and I drove to St.Louis to one of Ed York's Steam Services schools.

Ron was amazing then, I agree with Bill he's a genius now. Always liked Ron, excellent trainer.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I was also at Ron's upholstery course back in the Ed York era. Ron is a wealth of knowledge. He also has a well educated sense of humor. Your techs will have to stay or alert or they will miss half the fun in the class.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I consider Ron to be a mentor, and one of the greatest original thinkers in our industry. Don't miss any opportunity to learn from him.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Aaah, memories. I haven't seen Ron in years but back in the 80's I used to fly Ron in to do carpet and upholstery classes to all my techs at the same time. (Bringing Ron to my company was cheaper and much more efficient than sending all my employees off to the "big city" to get drun... errrr, I mean "to learn".)

Back in the day Ron was a bit "off the wall" but highly knowledgeable and very entertaining.

Steve

PS I would assume that like a fine wine Ron has improved with age and possibly mellowed a bit!

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I remember him freaking the class out as he subtlety would switch writing from right to left handed. Then he would write his name using both hands at the same time only one was backwards, as if in a mirror. :eekk:

He also performed feats of strength and agility at break. He would pick up a leg of the chair with one hand and hold it balanced. Everyone tried it... lots of bent chairs that afternoon. :winky:

He also held one foot and jumped through the hole with the other foot. Ummmm lots of guys falling down too. :biggrin:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Well he is still riding his unicycle all over California. If you look up unique in the dictionary there is Ron's picture.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Ron designed the Hydro-kinetic upholstery tool about 30 years ago, and then designed the Hydroplane, Hydro-crevice, Ultra-plane, tools also. I still have them all.

Reactions: Shorty

Ron K

Spent two weeks with him, he is a very smart man. He's a one wheeler like myself but his dead fly trick is the best.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
He lives 2 miles away from me. I have taken a few of his classes and he has helped me with some problems I have had. I even got to try out some tools he was working on. He always has some cool toys to play with. He is great with color correction and rug repair.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Ron designed the Hydro-kinetic upholstery tool about 30 years ago, and then designed the Hydroplane, Hydro-crevice, Ultra-plane, tools also. I still have them all.

Hey Loren, I think he also designed this fringe cleaning tool, seen here with it's owner, Nathan Koets at Lisa Wagners "Rugs To Run From" course at Jon-Don in Roselle, October 2006.

I think this was taken at Heirloom Oriental Rug Cleaning premises in Chicago.

LisasrugcourseChicago042_zpse9a37a5f.jpg

:yoda:

PS:::: Nate reckons it's so easy to use, you can do it with your eyes closed. :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Hey Loren, I think he also designed this fringe cleaning tool, seen here with it's owner, Nathan Koets at Lisa Wagners "Rugs To Run From" course at Jon-Don in Roselle, October 2006.

I think this was taken at Heirloom Oriental Rug Cleaning premises in Chicago.

LisasrugcourseChicago042_zpse9a37a5f.jpg

:yoda:

PS:::: Nate reckons it's so easy to use, you can do it with your eyes closed. :winky:

It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like one of two versions of the Hydro-plane tool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom