roof vent fan question

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
ok so it has been a while since this was discussed..i think the turbo roof vent was a good choice for most..

do you still like it? wish you had gone with something else?

i need a hard sucker for the new rig and the one i got im not too happy with..you have to climb in the truck to open the plastic
cover them turn on the fan..i want to wire it to the ignition of the unit so the fan comes on when the unit if fired up..

whatcha got and how well does it work

hogjowl

Idiot™
My fan lasted about three jobs before the heat killed it. Now it turns like those saloon ceiling fans in those old western movies! Next van will have a vented metal cab divider with a radiator cooling fan hanging from it sucking air from the cab windows and blowing it across the engine and blower and out the rear doors.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Marty, when I talked with Prochem engineers, they advised to put a fan that will draw the air from the engine, not blow across it. Don't ask me why but they said that it does a better job at cooling the engine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Marty, when I talked with Prochem engineers, they advised to put a fan that will draw the air from the engine, not blow across it. Don't ask me why but they said that it does a better job at cooling the engine.

hot air rises.......then it pockets in the van...from that point your machine is sucking in hotter air and one thing leads to another...
a good roof vent will exhaust the hot air and keeps the air around the machine cooler..

you don't want to upset the air that is blowing across the machine....

kinda like removing the fan shroud off your car...it is designed to direct the air in a certain way to keep the engine cool...take it off and the air has no real direction and you engine will run a bit hotter......

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was with you on the roof vent, but seriously, do you think Prochem or ANY of our manufacturers have made changes to these engines that make them anything more than law mower engines put inside a van? These engines were made to run outside where the wind blows where it wants to. I doubt you can upset the air flow. Putting a shroud on them didn't help matters any.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I was with you on the roof vent, but seriously, do you think Prochem or ANY of our manufacturers have made changes to these engines that make them anything more than law mower engines put inside a van? These engines were made to run outside where the wind blows where it wants to. I doubt you can upset the air flow. Putting a shroud on them didn't help matters any.

I was using the shroud as an air flow example....try to keep up.......

Back
Top Bottom