Room Sizing?

steamron

Name
Ron
What is considered an average size room when it comes to cleaning?

I see coupons for cleaning that say L-shaped or great room over 300 are considered 2 rooms.
So does his mean that a room at 150 sq. ft. is one room?
I get people that call that want a great room done at a one room rate.

It reminds me of the time i was at the supermarket and some older lady was arguing with the cashier about why they wont take her coupon for tissues.
She (the cashier) repeatedly told her that the coupon was for a smaller count box, but this lady wanted the coupon used on the much larger box.

I was getting annoyed just listening to this old lady trying to scam a box of tissues.

That's all.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Consider using square footage pricing if ya getting people arguing with you about the great room..

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What is considered an average size room when it comes to cleaning?

I see coupons for cleaning that say L-shaped or great room over 300 are considered 2 rooms.
I get people that call that want a great room done at a one room rate.

It reminds me of the time i was at the supermarket and some older lady was arguing with the cashier about why they wont take her coupon for tissues.
She (the cashier) repeatedly told her that the coupon was for a smaller count box, but this lady wanted the coupon used on the much larger box.

I was getting annoyed just listening to this old lady trying to scam a box of tissues.

That's all.
Set a maximum size for your self. Something like 12x16. An l shaped room is usually a living room and dining area. That's 2 rooms. Size and what it's used for normally.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Tried room pricing. I don't think their is any way to do it unless you want to be a volume cleaner. To average everything out I think I would have to be around $80 a room and at that point they are going to skip the small bdrms/dens/office which means the whole "average everything out" thing doesn't work any more.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Tried room pricing. I don't think their is any way to do it unless you want to be a volume cleaner. To average everything out I think I would have to be around $80 a room and at that point they are going to skip the small bdrms/dens/office which means the whole "average everything out" thing doesn't work any more.
I think you could do average room pricing at $50-$60 per room. Extra large room $80-$90, extra small room, $30. Most people understand that more work means more money. I usually do sqft myself but sometimes just average rooms at $50 each depending on the job. If you're advertising room prices, use the phrase, "starting at".

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I don't use the term rooms unless referring to bedrooms if I can help it I say area

this open plan has a dining area and a lounge area thats 2 areas + your hallway area thats $180 combined

Reactions: BIG WOOD

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
For us, EACH INDIVIDUAL room can be up to 300 sq. ft. If any one room exceeds 300 sq.ft. It will be charged as 2 rooms. Additionally, any combination room (ie LR/DR combinations) will count as 2 rooms regardless of shape (doesn’t have to be L shaped).

steve_64

Average bedroom around here is about 10x10. I'll go up to 12x12 before I start charging extra maybe. Depends on full scope of job. At $50 a room I'm doing alright.

I stopped measuring a long time ago but am always prepared to do so if questioned.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Most people with half a brain will understand you need to charge more for huge rooms. I have a disclaimer in bold print on my website that large bonus rooms are counted as two rooms. Usually after 250 sq ft I count it as two, or if one of their other rooms is tiny I may not worry about it. I’ve never had a customer argue except a few tightwads that want to count a lr dr combo as one. I have found that small cluttered rooms take as long as a big open room so I normally average 30 minutes per room no matter how big the house is.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Cleaning those basement areas is where the real discussion is

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom