Rotary Cleaning?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
To be honest, I have never used a rotary extraction tool. The operators I know that RX-20 everything all seem to have a loyal customer base and they seem to be able to justify a good rate, so maybe they are on to something. If nothing else, it differentiates you from the other guys.

I have a few questions about rotary cleaning in general:

What kinds of production rate to you get compared to the wand?
What style of carpet dose it not work well for?
If I buy a rotary it would be a used RX 20 or a new 360i. How does the RX 20 compare to the 360i?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
ACE said:
To be honest, I have never used a rotary extraction tool. The operators I know that RX-20 everything all seem to have a loyal customer base and they seem to be able to justify a good rate, so maybe they are on to something. If nothing else, it differentiates you from the other guys.

I have a few questions about rotary cleaning in general:

What kinds of production rate to you get compared to the wand?
What style of carpet dose it not work well for?
If I buy a rotary it would be a used RX 20 or a new 360i. How does the RX 20 compare to the 360i?

I am and always will be a avid rotary cleaner.......and because of the difference a good rotary cleaning will provide....you will gain a stronger more loyal client base.....

your production rates in a normal house setting with a rotary are a bit slower then when using a wand.....but....they are faster when doing a large empty or a big commercial job.....

I have used a rotary on every type of carpet out there with no problems what so ever....but...if you are using a RX..the set up is important........and the common since thing has to really kick in.....you have to watch for bad seams and holes in the carpet.....

both machines are good...both have there advantages and dis advantages....but after using a RX for ever...I am liking the 360i more and more....the recovery on this thing is amazing...very light weight....and so far seems to be a work horse....I have rode it hard and put it away wet these last few weeks and it is holding up pretty good.....not the most user friendly rotary out there....adjusting the tilt is stupid the way it was designed....the machine has no place to wrap and store the 800 foot cord that it comes with ...and the way you have to connect and dis-connect the vacuum line is apparent no one put to much thought process into....but aside from the tilt...the others I will fix myself to make it a bit better to use....

the RX is heavy...but it is a lot more user friendly....when you use a rotary all day this is important....one thing that I do like better about the RX is that you can change it to how you like it....glides..jets ...etc..etc...the 360i...you get what you get and that is it....

The RX production rate is much better then the 360i........

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Jim,

If you could only have one rotary tool would it be the 360i or RX 20

Thanx, Mike

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
wow thats a rough one.......if I was cleaning a lot of empty square footage....it would be an RX...

for a lot of residential..the 360i.....it hugs the base boards for really good edge cleaning....it fits under the edge of bed and toe kicks.....it goes into places the RX never could....so it saves a lot on having to cut in with a wand....

so for me..because I am probably 95% residential.....I would stay with the 360i

My daughters school is going to be coming up here real soon.....I am hoping to fix or find a cheap RX.....I really don't want to experience all that square footage..I know it will do a good job....but like I mentioned..it is much slower on wide open areas.....

for example....I do a hand full of UPS stores around town....I have one that I have been doing every other month for about 3 years now....I always used my RX....I have done it for so long I have a great routine and I can do it with my eyes closed......normal time from start to finish is always 1 hour.....I did it with the 360i for the first time and it took me a hour and 15 minutes...(give or take)...it did a great job cleaning...it is just slower....

BTW......I really see no reason for the multi speed motor on the 360i....it is no different then running an RX or a 175....once you run it....you will never take it off of the highest setting.....

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
There's a learning curve like with any tool. You'll figure out corners and edging to fit your own style. And it doesn't matter if you wand or use a RX20 or a 360, you can do a really good job or simple hack your way through it. My 4 jet 2" wand will clean faster then a RX20 and of course my 360, but it wears me out. The RX20 was to heavy for me and my buddy Carlos is putting miles on it now.

I like my 360. Slower then a wand in general but man it can rinse out a nasty carpet. Don't care what anybody says, rotary extractors are not good at edging. Yes I know all the tricks but I have always detailed my corners and termination strips. Now I have the ultimate edge wand I build from scratch and no, I will never show it to anybody so don't ask.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Now I don't have the 360i I have the 360 and I have been running it aand trading out prescrub and the original and I like the original.

When I use the original and the 360 I do what I call the double clean clean with the rotary extractor and the the wand a low PSI. I get great results. I find the red pad on the 175 is much better for getting out stains and spots and dog hair. I really like the original, though I had had the 360 for a couple years I haven't really gotten use to the bycycle handles

Back
Top Bottom